Play Along🃏

A/n : I just saw this prompt when I was scrolling through and I was like-

Ya i need to write that.

WARNING! CONTAINS SWEARING!!

So I hope you enjoy!^^

Ex boyfriend's name = ex/n

You were standing by the wall, with a cup of beer in your hand. It was rather unpleasant for your taste, and it was still full to the brim of the red party cup, taunting you. You gulped, just by looking at it, you felt like puking. You have never been an alcohol lover, and never liked the bitter taste to it. But oh well, it's pretty rude to reject an expensive drink from someone after all. "Geez, does this red liquid really cost $500?" you mumbled, tilting the cup to the side, getting a better look at the offensive drink before you. You looked around the filled room. Everyone seemed to enjoy the party, doing light dances and chatting with glee. You sighed. F/n was supposed to accompany you to this birthday party, but apparently she came down with the flu, now leaving you alone with no one else to talk to. But you weren't the only one that was alone tonight, there were at least a dozen people standing at separate corners awkwardly. This arty was a more compulsory one, due to the fact that it was the class monitor's birthday. She was a popular student in school, and you were rather fortunate to be invited, despite being a shy, introverted fellow. You looked down at yourself. You were wearing a sleeveless, short black dress, that reached just above your knees. Your hair was tied in a small bun, with some hair left behind, tickling the back of your neck. You lightly grasped the silver lock that hung around your neck. Yep, this party wasn't going as expected so far.

You slowly sipped the drink, closing your eyes shut tightly, left with no other options. There were no other drinks in the gigantic room to quench your dying thirst. Songs were playing, but the catchy rhythms were drowned out by the loud cheers and chatting. You barely gulped down the drink without coughing. This night couldn't get any worse. Well, at least that was what you thought.

Not until when you were looking around the room once again, and saw the biggest jerk that you would never want to see, or thought to see ever again in your life. You both caught each other's gaze, each filled with contrasting emotions. Time seemed to stop ticking, every second felt like hours.

It was ex/n.

You shot him a dirty glare, before turning back to your drink. Even the drink was a much nicer view than that womanizer you knew as ex/n. He was a flirtatious being, and so flirty and seductive that you didn't even know that it was even possible for a human. That damn asshole cheated on you for about more than three times. You loved him dearly, but it seemed that he doesn't give any woman more than a week. After a week you two started dating, he began to change. He kept on eyeing other girls, and always tried to swoon them over behind your back. After he had taken advantage of them until he was satisfied, he would forget everything about them. And you happened to be one of those poor ladies. He was good-looking, you'll admit that. But his character just sucks. You always gave him second chances, too many to say the least. You always convinced yourself that he'll change, he'll change. However, he never did. It was not only until a few weeks later, he decided to casually break you forever.

From then on, in order for your heart to not be broken ever again, you did not open up to a single guy. It was for the greater good, you would always say when ever f/n tried to convince you to get a man and stop being a single pringle. You furrowed your eyebrows, eyes feeling hot with tears. You blinked them away, trying to not look like a crybaby in front of people. You wondered why the monitor would even invite such a terrible person, as a dark shadow fell over your face. Meanwhile, ex/n was still looking at you, with emotionless eyes. He seemed to not care about the fact that you were still deeply broken, and did the most cruel thing you thought he could do. He started to walk towards you, pushing away the crowd. You didn't take notice, still looking down at the beer in your hands.