Sunflower🌻Pt. 1

A/n : This is another angst one-

I hope it's good :')

Btw I'm splitting this into parts, because this first part would mostly be about your crush on Kaito etc.

Sorry if this one sounds like a grandmother' story hehe-

Song: Sunflower - Sierra Burgess from the original Netflix movie "Sierra Burgess Is A Loser"

Yes it's not the one by Post Malone

You were currently sitting on the grass, staring into the sunset. This was supposed to turn out good. It was. At least that was what you had thought a week ago. You grasp a handful of grass in one of your hands, and the other formed a fist, holding it to your heart, clenching your shirt tightly. The sunset was beautiful, with salmon pink hues and bright orange painting the sky like a masterpiece. The field below you was filled with an uncountable amount of bright yellow sunflowers, with danced with the chilly wind. The joyful looking plants seemed to be smiling at you, as if trying to cheer you up. Sadly enough for you, you were in no mood to admire the scenery before you. Tears rolled down your cheeks, as you sniffed as quietly as you could, to avoid any attention. You barely had enough alone time to cry your eyes out and curse the goddess of luck for not being on your side this time round. It hurt. It hurt like hell. You didn't know why. You were supposed to be happy, happy because he was happy. But you knew how this happened. What caused it all. It was only that person's fault. And that was called One-Sided Love.

~Flashback to a week ago~

You were tugging on your heavy suitcase, glancing around with your plane ticket in hand. Your class had won a competition and a one week trip to anywhere in Italy as a prize. Most of your classmates have already arrived, chatting with each other and pulling their huge luggages. (Ya I know, it's super unrealistic and expensive but let's just pretend Edoka is rich) You have always wanted to visit Italy, and being overly ecstatic was an understatement.

Hey, I mean it isn't everyday that you get to go to Italy for free, moreover with your entire class. What's more, you will get to visit it with your almost lifelong crush, Kuroba Kaito. Okay, how long you've had a crush on this guy is a little exaggerated, but it still lasted for a long time though, until now. It was for a few years though, since middle school. Despite having a huge and hopeless crush on him, you knew you two would never ever get together. Why? Well, it already seemed like Kaito has that one and only, who was his childhood friend, Nakamori Aoko. They both looked like a superstar couple, and you would admit it, Kaito and Aoko would look better together than you and Kaito. They just looked so perfect together, you couldn't help but feel an insane level of jealousy of Aoko.

'How I wish I could be Aoko-chan, just for one day.'

You would always think. Obviously, your friend would have known that you have a crush on Kaito. Saguru would always try to convince you to confess to get the stress off your heart, but you knew better.

"Come on, it wouldn't be that hard would it?"

"Easy for you to say, Mister Pretty Boy who can get any woman he wants."

But in all seriousness, Saguru really was a good looking man many girls cannot resist swooning over. So for him it was obvious that he could confess to his crush with no worries, but for you its easier said than done.(Ya I'm making you be friends with Saguru, I hope you don't mind heheh)

Many people frequently shipped you and Saguru together, always commenting how cute you both looked together. But of course you both would convince them that you were just friends, having known each other for a long time. Both your parents know each other, and are close friends that met each other in London. You both practically grew up together, since your family moved to London due to their business stuff when you were one, and back to Japan together with the Hakuba family when you were thirteen. So you could understand why people shipped you two so much.

"Boo!"

A sudden voice freaked you out, causing you to snap back to your senses and let out a loud shriek. You turned around, to see the one and only Hakuba Saguru. He was in his usual brown coat, with a maroon scarf around his neck that complimented his eyes that were of the same colour. Seeing his smug and cheeky smirk on his face, you shot him a dirty glare. He has gotten the exact reaction he wanted from you. Satisfied, he chuckled softly.

"Seriously Haku-chan?"

(And no, it's just a nickname you've given him, you two are not dating, sorry Hakuba stans)

"My bad, sorry-"

You sighed, looking back around the airport, finding the rest of your classmates. Your eyes darted left and right, until your gaze stopped at a certain individual. Or should I say, a pair of individuals. The scene before you caused you to frown a little, mixed emotions fill your e/c eyes. Saguru noticed this, following your stare and realized what made you feel a certain way. He gazed worriedly at you, and was about to open his mouth to say something, but you interrupted.

"Come on, let's go Saguru. The teacher is here, we should get going."

Noticing that you've dropped the nickname so suddenly, and the fact that your voice changed to a low tone, he knew you really wanted to leave. He silently obeyed, following closely behind you to your home room teacher.

(Yeah you should probably know who the individuals are)

~On the plane~

You were reading a book, with your earphones plugged into your phone. You were not a person that would usually listen to music, with stroke Saguru with curiousness to why you wanted to do so. You just muttered every answer you gave him.

"I just feel like doing so."

Or-

"Oh it's nothing much, I just want to hear a few tunes while I can."

But the main reason for doing the unordinary for you is to block out a few, "Unwanted noises and sounds". It wasn't the plane sounds, nor was it the snores of your classmates and other passengers. It was to block out the teases that Kaito and Aoko were giving to each other, that just made your blood boil. You were extremely jealous, and you knew it was wrong, but you just couldn't help it.

This went on for the next few hours, with you not getting much rest along the tiring trip. You sighed, looking out at the dark night sky, married to the beautiful, bright stars as everyone surrounding you were fast asleep gently snoring away.

~To be continued~

A/n: HI GUYS I'm so sorry that I haven't posted for about a week, my apologies! I have lost motivation for this angst one shot, so it may be dragged on for a few short parts.

Also the next one shot would be a lime/slight lemon. Git ready for some unprofessional steam huehuehue-