5. Past Truth, Present Lies...How Long Will They Last??

7:00 PM, 25th March, Anant Mhatre's Office

Anant Mhatre froze for a second seeing the news with goosebumps taking control of every part of his body. With trembling hands and quivering lips, he called someone and spoke in a terrified manner, "Did you see the news? Come quickly to my cabin, it's very urgent"

The person whom Anant Mhatre had just called was not any ordinary person. He was Parimal Roy, an old friend, and business partner of Anant. Both of them were partners for more than twenty years in multiple industries, colleges, hospitals, restaurant chains, pharma companies, but that's not all, to make such that their business stays within the family, Anant and Aruna's daughter Mishka was arranged to marry Parimal's son Mahesh Roy.

Parimal entered Anant's room and saw him sitting still. Striding towards him with baby steps he feebly said, "I saw the news..."

"This should not have happened... How did it happen anyway? Didn't you tell me that you had taken care of what happened back then? And also three weeks back you said there will no investigation, then how? How? Listen, we have built this empire through many sacrifices. I just can't let it go because of him", Anant said in a serious tone with his voice clearly smelling of horror.

Parimal gripped his palm and replied in a comforting manner, "Don't worry the situation is under our control, the case is already very old and a case twenty-five years old is very difficult to investigate"

"But they have formed a special team to investigate the matter... What will happen if the truth comes out?" Anant fumbled while shaking his legs impatiently.

"I know I told you that the case won't be investigated, but it was before... When this idiotic Joint Director had not intervened" Parimal gritted his teeth in anger while Anant was still not convinced by his words.

"That man is a stringent fellow who can't be controlled by money or power, but I am trying my best. Don't worry, you already know that no one related to that person is alive, there is no way they can prove his identity... And even if they proved his identity somehow, then what? No one has the faintest idea about the incident. The skeleton was found in an area that is in no way related to us" Anant nodded on hearing his words but his brain was full of concern and his face pale was decked up in extreme terror.

All this conversation was heard by Disha who had hidden a voice bugging device in his office room. She smiled as she thought, "What is this? Mhatre is in so much fear, but why? Whose skeleton is that? Anyway, it's really nice to hear him shivering in fear"

Disha!

Words are not enough to describe her, she is like the lady Macbeth from Shakespeare's play... Highly manipulative and knows how to turn any situation in her favor. A brilliant student, she joined the Mhatre Group as the Legal and Financial Advisor last year.

Her tactics and works were so brilliantly orchestrated that it didn't take her long to go into the trusted books of Anant Mhatre. Although she efficiently clears all the mess the company creates, Anant doesn't have the vaguest idea of her real motive behind joining the company.

Sabarmati Old Age Home

26th March, 2:30 AM

Amna was shifting her position, again and again, in a half-sleep mode on her bed and her mind wandered like a wild horse about the pathetic situation she was thrust into, with the only possible solution in her sight, was, to tell the truth. A truth of which she was a very small part... Then why she? But to whom she could say? Whom she could trust?

She was feeling extremely agitated and unable to sleep reflecting on the next step. She was in a situation where she couldn't even share her real feelings with someone... Her fear, her worries. She was lying down on the bed and staring blankly at the glowing light above her head quietly.