28. An Unexpected Event...

Disha made a personal call to Manoj Deshmukh telling him that she has some important evidence against the person who is behind the Ambodi Case and asked him to meet her in Suite No 223 of Damayanti Palace Resort in Bandra sharp tomorrow at 9:00 AM. Although apprehensive at first, he ultimately agreed when she confessed that she was the one who tipped him earlier about the case. She was still keeping her identity discreet by a private number with a hidden caller ID even though she knew, it was a second's work for him to search out her real identity.

8:45 AM, 6th April, Damayanti Palace Resort, Bandra

Punctuality and Manoj Deshmukh were inseparable friends. The fifty-five-year-old man was a tough and honest cop in Mumbai Police Department and had successfully tackled and nabbed many heinous criminals throughout his career. His work had made him earn bravery awards twice from the President Of India, one for catching a deadly terrorist responsible for the 13/11 attacks in 1999 and second for the encounter of an internationally claimed arms dealer and his whole group in 2004.

With careful steps, he went to the decided place, while his vigilant eyes were on everyone around the place. He knew what he had to do, in case anything went wrong during the meeting. Anticipation was taking a toll on his mind and heart, and he finally rang the doorbell of the concerned room. The door to the room gradually opened and he saw a lady in a black top and grey skirt gazing intently at him as she spoke, "I have been waiting for you...", and gestured him to enter inside.

Closing the door cautiously, and his right hand on his back holding the grip of his gun, he rolled his eyes everywhere as he walked through the small corridor, to enter the giant hall where he saw, two other people sitting on a lavish sofa.

Before doubts could take control over his mind, both of them got up from their place as a gesture while Disha introduced them to Manoj, "Officer, this is Mr. Shreekant Mhatre, son of Mhatre Group's Chairman Mr. Anant Mhatre and she is Dr. Amna Biswas..." Her voice slightly trailed off and Amna introduced herself confidently, "The skeleton found... I mean in the Ambodi Case, perhaps belongs to my father"

Her brief statement was enough for Deshmukh to make him leave his defensive position and asked in a hoarse voice, "What are you saying? Why is Mr. Mhatre here? What is happening?"

Shreekant took control over the situation and spoke in a gentle tone, "We will tell you everything, but it's a very long story involving lives of multiple people and deaths of many to date..." Hinting him to sit down the trio started the longest narration of their lives while he listened to every bit of the story with enormous concentration.

The narration was utterly unbelievable to him and there were a couple of times when his eyes either widened or his face ran with a lot of mixed emotions. After listening to the whole thing he only these few words, "All this happened right under the nose of Mumbai Police... It's so shameful for me that I don't know what to say"

He was trying to grasp every part the trio gave him and took enough time to do that. Reflecting on what to be done next he finally spoke, "First of all... For the time being, the names of you five people or your identity shouldn't be disclosed to anyone except me and my daughter... Shreekant Mhatre... Amna Biswas... Disha and her mother and finally Kavya Jindal. We just can't endanger the life of anyone else"

Amna spoke in a soft tone looking at him, "We are entrusting you with the evidence because of which many have already lost their lives, please take it to the end"

His eyes glared at Shreekant and he asked, "Mr. Mhatre, do you understand the repercussions of taking this case to the end? It could be the end of ROYMHA permanently and your father will..." Even before he could finish Shreekant interrupted, "I had arranged this meeting, I am sure I am doing and what can be its results. Initially, I only wanted justice for my wife but now... I want justice for every person who has been tormented just like me. Take it to the end"