14. The Lost And Found Relation...

8:00 PM, 31st March, Outhouse

Amna was sitting on the sofa of the hall and fixing her old phone, "Thank God, it's only discharged and not broken, now I can return the phone Shreekant gave me." She switched on her phone after charging, "Let me see, if I got anything urgent or important... 36 missed calls from Hospital, some unknown numbers, 12 missed calls from Jaya? She called me so many times, wait what date is today?" Her eyes widened.

She checked the date, "How can I forget? Tomorrow is 1st April, that's why she was calling me so badly, how irresponsible of me, this is all because of the non-sensical drama going on in my life, I will call her immediately and inform." She dialed Jaya's number and the caller on the other side immediately picked up the phone yelling with utmost concern, "Amna? Where are you? Why were you not picking the phone? You got me so worried"

"Jaya... Sorry, I couldn't pick up your calls, my phone was not working" She tried making up an excuse.

"Thank God you called, I was getting so worried for you because it's next to impossible that you would forget tomorrow's ceremony"

Biting her tongue awkwardly, she tried to apologize again, "Absolutely, but I am really sorry, this year I couldn't help you with the preparations, I will be coming tomorrow morning as soon as possible"

"Don't get tensed too much, I have already prepared everything, so chill... You have to just come tomorrow before 2:00 PM, you must be present there"

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" She asked again.

"Hundred and one percent sure, just come in the specified time that's all. I understand you are a doctor now, you have lots of responsibilities." After a few more moments of friendly conversation, they finally disconnected the call.

Amna took a deep inhalation, "Good that I called her, but tomorrow I have to go for Lonavala, I must inform Shreekant"

Just then she heard the doorbell and went to open it. She saw Shreekant standing and with a small smile uttered in a little loud voice, "It's good that you came, I was just thinking about you... I mean I was thinking to tell you something really important."

He came inside the house and went near the sofa, "Important... What?"

"Ah... The thing is tomorrow is my mother's death anniversary, I need to go to Lonavala before 2 PM tomorrow. It won't take long since I am already in Mumbai", she said in a low and compassionate tone.

"Okay... No problem, I will tell one of my trusted drivers to take you to Lonavala tomorrow safely and bring you back in time", he assured her as he sat down on the sofa.

She mumbled haphazardly, "Can I request you something? Only if you are free and don't have any work, why don't you come with me tomorrow as my guest? I mean I have been living here in your huge house for quite a long time, think it as a small gift of gratefulness from my side?"

She paused shortly after her question hoping that her invitation is accepted and muttered again, "Sorry... Leave it, I don't want to bother you... You already are preoccupied with so many other things"

Speaking in a gentle tone he replied, "Hmm... I suppose I can come with you, tomorrow is a Sunday anyway... I don't have work"

His reply made her smile cheerfully and she said, "Thank you" and went to sit near him.

"Now, let's talk about some work... This Neelam story has no hope as of now so let us concentrate on the killer, Can you try and tell me anything you remember, I know it's very traumatic for you but can you please try?" She nodded and tried recalling the events of that night again.