21. The Whistleblower...

3rd April, 8:00 AM

Four phone calls addressed to four different people; Anant Mhatre, Parimal Roy, Shreekant Mhatre, and Saket Mhatre summoning them to come to the office urgently. Anant and Saket raced to the Mumbai Head office together, Parimal to the Mhatre laboratories, and Shreekant to the building where the restaurant chain was located.

Amna arose up from her sleep and knocked at Shreekant's room only to find it empty, "Where did he go so early?" She went downstairs to find a man in the hall and asked walking towards him, "Where did Shreekant sir go?"

The man who was busy cleaning the area replied, "Madam, Sir received an urgent call from the office, so he called me to help him get dressed and went in a hurry. I think something very important has happened, Anant sir and Saket sir also went from the house hastily without having breakfast. By the way Madam, Sir told you to eat breakfast. I have kept it on the table"

"Ahh... Okay," and she went away thinking, "Maybe there is something really important in the office"

Anant and Saket reached the office where Disha was waiting for them near the main entrance. Without even a second's delay she anxiously informed, "Sir, those people are checking every nook and corner of the office."

"What exactly happened?", Saket asked as they paced towards the lift.

Disha answered nervously, "Sir, I have no idea... The income tax department people just barged inside the office early in the morning around 7:30, and now it's all chaos here. I have received similar news of a raid of the Food and Safety Department at our Restaurant chain and also the Drug controller department has made a similar raid at Mhatre Laboratories. Shreekant Sir and Parimal Sir have gone to these places to monitor everything. In short, there is a raid at every office of ours in Mumbai"

"What about the media?", Anant inquired from Disha as the lift was going up.

"The media has some information about this but they are still waiting for the official declaration by the officials. As of now, there is no negative publicity"

"But Dad why are these sudden raids happening at every Mumbai branch of ours?"

Anant looked at Saket being completely inarticulate while Disha thought to herself, "Enjoy Mhatre enjoy... This is a small gift from me and my mother. I know even after these raids, the outcome will be a big zero but at least it will be fun to see you tensed and worried"

"Sir, some of those people are now in your cabin... Please come quickly", she muttered as the lift finally stopped at the topmost floor.

As they reached Anant's cabin, they saw two people checking the files and the computer hard disks while the others were checking every corner of the cabin. Anant and Saket stood quietly while observing them while Disha hung her head down and smirked, "I have already removed the bug from his cabin, God I really wish these people find something against him but I am very sure, this man is so sly that these officials will not get anything against him"

The raids continued for an hour or so at different places. Everyone cooperated with the authorities and finally, the time of the verdict came.

One of the men came to Shreekant, "Sir, there is no compromise to the quality and freshness of the food served here. Everything here is perfect, thank you for cooperating with us peacefully" He nodded pleasantly as the officials left the place without making any kind of scene.

Anant received a phone call from Parimal who informed him that there was nothing found by the officials in the Mhatre laboratories and he finally heaved a sigh of relief. Shreekant also called Saket to inform the same and he conveyed it to Anant.