Because Reality Sucks

Pacifica POV

I ran out of the room, completely ignoring Dipper and Wendy. The only thing that was on my mind then was Mable...

Mable...

Mable...

Mable...

I couldn't believe what Wendy had said, was it true? Could someone as amazing as Mable really like me? I headed downstairs dodging every three steps and tumbled into the living room, nobody was in there. That's when I heard the front door slam shut, I assumed that it was her and went towards the entrance. Sure enough, when I went outside I saw Mable walking away. "Mable wait!" I yelled and she stopped in her tracks. "Is it true? Do you... Do you really like me?" 

Mable stayed a short distance away and faced her back towards me, she didn't immediately answer my question but when she did her voice sounded old and croak. "Yes Pacifica, yes I do..."

"Then why didn't you tell me before while we were playing the game-"

"Because reality SUCKS!" She snapped, turning around. Her eyes were red and filled with tears while her hands were shaking. "I didn't tell you because in my mind I thought that everyone would accept me, but I knew deep down that in reality Dipper would've hated me just like everyone else! You're so smart and beautiful and I knew that no matter how hard I wished, you would never like me and I was RIGHT! You love DIPPER INSTEAD! But who can blame you? I'm just a braced-faced-child!" The tears were really streaming down her face now and her sobs could be heard from a mile away.

And that's when something took over me, like an urge I couldn't control. What I was about to do would determine what our relationship right now would turn into. I walked up to her and grabbed her arms firm and tight. She looked at me for a split second before I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against hers. Wait. What am I doing right now? Oh no am I holding this kiss for too long? DID SHE EVEN WANT TO KISS ME!?! Wild thoughts were swirling through my mind, I had never kissed someone before...

After a couple of seconds I pulled back from the kiss in total dismay of what I had just done. Mable had stopped shaking but she was looking at me mildly scared but mostly confused. "My crush has brown hair and is thirteen years old." I said softly as I stroked her hair. "She's adorable." I held her face in my hands and wiped away her tears with my thumbs. "And she's leaving Gravity Falls when summer ends." Her eyes widened as she mouthed a question to me and even though I couldn't understand exactly what she had said, I had a rough idea of what she wanted to know. "Yes Mable, my crush is you."

Mable eyes began too swell up with tears all over again and she fell to ground. "Mable! Mable I am so sorry! I didn't mean to make you feel sad!"

"No... these are happy tears! Oh gosh, I just feel like an idiot!" She sobbed while laughing hysterically. I helped her back up to her feet an pulled her into a tight embrace and felt her tears run down my shoulder.

"Well Mable, you're my idiot now." She released herself from my grip so that she could properly see my face and then she smiled, she showed me her beautiful, goofy smile and then we shared a gentle kiss.

"WOO YEAH! SCORE, MABLE! I KNEW YOU COULD GET HER TO LIKE YOU!" We looked up to Mable's bedroom window to see Wendy peering out and cheering us on with great enthusiasm. We both laughed and Mable covered her blushing face with her sweater while I kept her in my arms. 

"Sooooooo... are we together now?" I asked letting her go and stepping back a little.

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"Ok, do you wanna go out with me tomorrow? Kind of like a date?"

"YES! I mean... sure!" She finally revealed her face from her sweater. "Where are going to take me?"

"Hmmm, I'll surprise you!" I said as I began to walk past her. "But for now, I'll see you tomorrow! Have a goodnight Mable!"

"You too Pacifica!"

I left the Mystery Shack feeling a lot different that day, like only good things could happen. But I was wrong... very wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This chapter was kinda short but they're finally together so... YAY!