3. The "Flying" Dreams

Bright rays of light penetrated the gap between the curtains and illuminated the mezzanine of the twins' narrow room. The sun shone on the boy's cheeks, who blinked his eyes, and after it he opened them, looking around the room. His growth focused on the hair of a person lying in bed, which was placed in the far corner of the room. Disheveled dark blonde hair set on pale yellow and blue striped sheets. The awake boy smiled and slowly sat up in bed, put his bare feet on the wooden floor and stood up. He blinked again and stretched, his hands high, yawning. After standing for a while and focusing his eyes on the still sleeping brother, he took his blue pillow and then walked over to him. With one move, he lightly hit the boy's back, who suddenly woke up and laughed sleepily. He turned his head and made eye contact with his roommate's golden, happy eyes.

- And since when did you start getting up so early, Lys? - He said slowly turning on his back - What time?

- Six o'clock? - He replied raising one eyebrow and sat on the bed of his brother, who slowlystraightened up.

     Smiling, Lysander jumped off the bed and extended his hand to his brother. The latter, in turn, rolled his eyes, and was stretched to his feet. While he was rubbing his eyes, the younger of the twins revealed the curtain of the window and greeted resolutely the mole-like black creature that had probably been awakened from sleep on the windowsill.

-You really won't let me sleep even today. - He grunted, his voice still sleepy, reaching for his hairbrush. - Did you sleep well?

- Lovely! I dreamed that I was a butterfly. A colorful butterfly. I flew over the flowers and drank nectar from them and it seems to me that it tasted like ... bananas? I don't like them but it was so weird that it was good so I think I slept better than good and ... and ... - The boy's eyes lit up, it was nice to fulfill the dream of flying even in a dream. After a while he blushed and continued, slightly confused, realizing that he was carried away again. - Forgive. Oh, and you LoLo? How did you sleep? 

- I certainly haven't had pleasant dreams like you. - Lorcan replied calmly, after an angry voice he continued in a slightly worried voice. - I hope I don't fly too far in today's match, James deserves a good rematch.

     Before the long-haired boy could answer anything to his brother in the room a resonant voice sounded from the lower floor. The twins' father mentioned both by name and sharply let them know that breakfast was ready. The boys looked at each other and, smiling, turned on their heels towards the door, Lorcan placed his gentle trembling hand on his brother's shoulder and they both walked through the rounded door and down the revolving stairs to the dining room.

     The dining room in the Scamanders house was a spacious room with a large table with rounded legs, patterned white tablecloth, and old chairs. Bright yellow walls and a large window added brightness to the room. Scented candles standing on a wooden segment and tulips adorning the table carried a pleasant scent of flowers and vanilla, and dozens of frames with moving photos of the family added to the dining room of a family atmosphere that the boys even adored.

     The boys' father was spreading salad bowls with cold cuts and chopped vegetables on the table. He turned his head towards his sons and pushed a pair of dreadlocks from behind the back of his head. He smiled as Lysander snuggled up to his father, and Lorcan took his seat and gently shifted the fork so that it would have the perfect vertical to the caster. Rolf only snorted as he saw the behavior of the young perfectionist adjusting the cutlery set in front of him. As the long-haired boy took his place, a woman with light hair and blurry eyes entered the room. She greeted the twins with a kiss on the cheek. Lydander smiled at his mother, and Lorcan twitched slightly. He adored his parents, but today the stress did not allow him to have much tenderness. Luna took a seat next to her husband, and the jug and glasses filled with juice, which she raised with spells, gently rested on the table. The pleasant discussion between the parents and Lys was in full swing, dreams, well-being, plans for the day and various creatures are definitely typical topics in the Scamander family home. It was a magical time, but this time the older brother was unable to focus on his food. But his best parents were the best for a reason, right? The conversation quickly turned to motivational, and the three of them agreed that Lorcan was a talented player. Slightly flushed but supportive, the boy received "good luck" from his parents and began to look a little calmer, especially since he could keep his brother's delicate hand under the table whenever he felt he needed it.

...

- What's so slow, Scamander?! - On the makeshift pitch, the boy's voice rang out on a broomstick. 

     The sunlight reflected in his glasses, and his dark, tousled hair smoothed out like a mane. The young Gryffindor leveled the flight by colliding his shoulder with Lorcam, who, just like him, could not let go, replied to him with a perky smile, slightly curled up on a broom and overtook his friend in flight, which gave him the opportunity to catch the quaffle and throw. Hit the throw straight into the hoop. Drops of sweat trickled down his face, and his stressful expression turned into an euphoric smile. He won.

     The entire action was seen from below by three other people. Lysander was sitting quietly on the grass and plowing a wreath of wildflowers, sure of his brother's victory, Albus, who was watching the match, calmly watching, and Lily, who in turn resolutely shouted her friend's name, prompting him to fly faster. Her green eyes lit up and she screamed enthusiastically as Lorcan managed to target the winning throw and win this mini men's duel.

     The proud blonde and dissatisfied chestnut landed on the trampled lawn. Lorcan felt his legs tremble and his heart beat faster. He wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his striped sweater and walked over to the boys, and Lily and his rival who responded to his smug smile with a grunt and walked over to a clearly pleased Albus, nudging him with his elbow. James' defeat was irritating to him himself, but at the same time very shocking, he did not expect that he would lose to such a young boy.

- Or maybe more support for a brother, what a shit? The tall boy said firmly, measuring the shorter one with sharp eyesight.

- I have to be fair so I cheered for you but hey, did you see how well he did? Eh, don't get upset, it's just a game. The boy pointed out, brushing his black hair out of his face.

- Amazing game! Lily cut in briskly, her freckled cheeks flushing slightly, "Oh, Lys!" Where's the trophy for winning fights?

     After these words, the slim boy got up from the ground and put a colorful wreath on his brother's head at the same time, informing James, still irritated, that if he wanted, he could also get such a friend wreath. Lily found, however, that Lorcan looked too cute with the flowers on his head so that only he was allowed to wear them, which led to the boy's embarrassment and the laughter of the other three teenagers present.

     The truth was that the twin did not care for flowers, even if they were from his beloved brother. Scamander was pleased to be able to show that despite the considerable age difference, he was able to compete with a professional player on the school's Quidditch team. A year ago, he lost with a kretesem, but this time the exercises with cousins ​​and father showed the effect. The boy hoped that they would also be useful during his first year at school and that he would be able to join the team as soon as possible, no matter what house he goes to. Ah, Hogwarts. Hogwarts and houses to which brothers can be assigned. It was one day until his first arrival at magic school, so maybe it's time to get nervous about it? Like today's game? What if the hat separates them? It's good that at least Lysander is always contagious with his obtymism, were it not for Lorcan would probably have gone crazy with the Potters by a long time, especially with James and his playful cousin Fred. Phew it's good that today he did not pay a visit to his uncle.

...

     After a cold shower, Lorcan made his way to his and his brother's bedroom. The water ran down the shaved sides of his head onto the towel that covered his shoulders and over the top of his pajamas. After a few steps, he entered the room and noticed that Lysander was asleep with a book in his hand. Did it take him so long to wash? The older brother approached the sleeping boy and gently took the book out of his hand, put it on the shelf and kissed the sleeping brother on the cheek, wishing him good night, half-whisper. Then he placed his hand on the switch and turned off the light, and the sudden darkness made the ceiling covered with stars and constellations, giving the room a bare-sky atmosphere. Lorcan scrambled into his bed, but before he fell asleep he stared at the sleeping twin for a long time, thinking about today's win against stubborn Lily and tomorrow's trip to the 9 3/4 train station. Despite the fear of changing his current life related to his parents' magizoology and his own passions, he was proud of his sports progress and the fact that he had his beloved brother on his side ... May he always have him so close. May.