ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

CHAPTER NINETEENʜᴜɴᴛ

CHAPTER NINETEEN
ʜᴜɴᴛ

Alice gripped my arm dragging me forward toward the direction of wherever the jeep had been parked. Her face was solemn as she ran close at my side- all of their expressions were. Something had happened in the space of two seconds that I'd missed.

As we ran, everything felt different, as if even the winds had changed. It held the same hazy tint that clung to my eyes, obscuring my senses until we stopped at our destination. The sleek, black jeep was pulled up onto the side of the road. Edward and Alice climbed into the two front seats, leaving Emmett and I to squeeze in the back, Bella in between us.

"Strap her in," Edward said, sparing not even a moment to glance behind before he pulled out onto the narrow roads.

"Where are we going?" Bella asked, shrugging off Emmett's hands and putting her own belt on.

None of us answered. Alice glanced back, tight lipped. Edward's hands gripped tighter onto the wheel. I had no clue as to where we were going.

"Dammit Edward! Where are we going?" Bella barked, a hand moving to pull at her hair in frustration.

"We have to get you far away from here- far away- now," Edward said. His foot pressed down further, accelerating the jeep forward.

"Turn around! You have to take me home," Bella pleaded, leaning forward in her seat.

Edward glanced back, eyes flicking toward her distressed face. She'd paled, her inner flame trickling to little more than a whisp from a match. It so obviously ached to be near him, to join and fuse into a passionate fire. But Edward snapped forward again, blanking her. Bella's face fell.

"Emmett," Edward barked.

His brother's hands clasped to Bella's arms, keeping her still against the seat. Alice stared at Edward, eyes wide.

"No, Edward, you can't do this," Bella shouted, her eyes close to tears.

"I have to Bella, now please be quiet."

"I won't! You have to take me back. What about Charlie?" She screamed.

"Calm down Bella, we've been there before," he said.

"Not over me you don't!" Bella said, shaking her head harshly. Her selflessness pained me- especially when it was for Edward's sake.

"Edward pull over," Alice said, her voice deadly calm. "Edward, let's just talk this through."

"You don't understand. He's a tracker, Alice. Did you see that? He's a tracker!" He shouted, foot remaining on the pedal.