Falling in love with fairy girls is dangerous

The day after the wedding fiasco

The next day as Eda got ready to leave for work, she was met by Ayfer at the door, with a knowing look. Ayfer tried to dissuade her for working for Serkan. And Melo and Fifi who did not know that Eda had gone back to Art Life were annoyed too and added their voices to the insistence by Ayfer. Eda somehow dodged them, kissing one, shushing the other and generally calling out 'bye' loudly & insistently pretending to not hear them, she ran out of the house. Behind her three pairs of eyes saw her leaving and resolved to have a conversation in the evening.

She ran down the steps and collided with Serkan who was patiently waiting for her. The had planned not to meet up at her home so as not to make Ayfer madder than she was with Serkan, but of course, it wasn't what Serkan wanted. Seeing him, of course, Eda was worried and immediately looked up to check if anyone from her home was hanging out of the balcony, watching her leave.

There wasn't and she heaved a sigh of relief and launched into a lengthy explanation of why Serkan shouldn't be seen around her house. Serkan waited a moment or two and then seeing nothing was stopping her tirade firmly guided her inside the car, shut the door and came around and sat on his side. Eda was still in the middle of explaining how Melo had come home from the wedding and told everyone how Serkan had disappeared going after Selin at the wedding fiasco and Ayfer's sharp eyes had become thoughtful as they looked even more accusingly at Eda. Eda had to practically spend the evening running away from her to avoid being questioned more by her aunt.

Not wanting to stop her, Serkan gestured to her with an inflection of his head to clip on the seat belt, and almost like a reflex, Eda leaned sideways and kissed him on the cheek. They both looked at each other and realized in her busyness she had taken the gesture towards the seat belt as one asking for a kiss and had complied naturally. Both of them started laughing, Eda a little embarrassed and Serkan, of course, mightily pleased he had brought Eda to almost a Pavlovian reflex with his demands. The possibilities, ah the possibilities that were opening up in his mind......he grinned wickedly.

She turned to the mischievously chuckling Serkan and asked him the other question in her mind, "Where did you go after the wedding fiasco?"

He instantly sobered up and told her how he and Pyril were with Selin as she needed them. Eda nodded understandingly. Nobody deserved to go through what Selin did. And truly was it all Selin's fault? When she herself had been confused about Serkan's feelings for Selin and Aydan Hanim had done her bit in pushing Selin and Serkan together? Eda's understanding nature kicked in and she felt sorry for Selin's state. How could she begrudge Selin, Serkan's concern? Even though a tiny demon of insecurity niggled somewhere, she firmly shushed it and let her natural kindness take over.

At work everyone still gossiped about the events from yesterday, even though in hushed tones. Selin didn't come to work and Eda could see Pyril, Serkan and Engin talk among themselves worriedly about how to handle the situation. They were closeted in Serkan's office upstairs since the morning. She let them be because this was really a private moment for them, as they were friends since years.

She sat with Erdem and Leila and Erdem immediately told her that the entire office was running a betting pool that Selin would get together with Serkan because they all knew that he was free. Erdem of course had told everyone already that the engagement between Serkan and Eda had been false. Leila also expressed her satisfaction that Eda did not really get hitched to a monster like Serkan Bey ; besides in the opinion of everybody Serkan and Selin suited each other. Cut to the quick, Eda sat quietly, feeling like telling everyone that she loved him and they were together. She missed him and she wanted the world to know. But of course she couldn't say anything.