Your hand above my skin (3)

( cont from the last chapter)

The next evening Eda walked to her car in the carpark after class and failed to see Serkan standing in the misty cold, leaning against his car, which was parked bang next to hers. She rummaged in her knapsack for the keys and was alerted by a soft familiar cough. And there he was, much the same as she had seen him the first day she met him in the same place..No, not the same at all, because today it was dark, cold and he wasn't inside his heated car, but outside, frozen in the cold.

Serkan: "Eda", he said, in his own inimitable way, lingering over the syllables. She stood silent and unresponsive, and then taking a deep breath, moved towards her car, almost as if she had decided he wasn't real.

Serkan came up to her and smiled at her with an amused look, "Don't pretend you didn't hear me. You heard me all right. I am not a ghost or something."

Eda: opened the door and put one foot into the cab of her jalopy and turned to him and said, "As always you are wrong. I am not pretending, I was HOPING you were not there. Now that you have proved you are indeed there, I will not stay even a second in the same place. "

She swung herself up, fired up the car, praying it didn't die on her and spoil her grand exit, It didn't and she swung the wheel with a show of fury and drove off, leaving a bemused Serkan behind her. He nodded to himself, he already knew it was going to be hard. Things that had broken down so much would not get sorted so easily. He felt a little dejected, he was almost frozen cold and it had taken Eda just 2 minutes to reject him. But as he sat in his car waiting for his fingers to thaw in the heated air, he actually smiled.. Eda was angry.. anger was good.. irrelevance was bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Engin was truly surprised to see a light hearted Serkan and would not rest till he had inveigled the truth out of him.

Engin : It's the right thing for you Serkan, the right choice but how will you convince her to even listen to you.

Serkan: "By behaving the opposite of the way when I lost her. I lied, I broke her trust, I pushed her away, I sent her away knowing she was heart broken. This time I will wait for her to recognize the way we feel about each other, I will tell her the truth about how I feel, no more games, no pretense, no using someone else, just being true. "

Engin: Hummph easy for you to say that my friend. Women are not so simply taken in. And the problem of your father's involvement doesn't go away, does it?

Serkan: I will hold nothing back. I will probably lose her again, but at least I wont be a coward. I have already lost her, but she has altered me I am not the same person any more. I will play the right game by the right rules, even if I lose.

------------------------------------------------------------

The next day after school, Eda approached the car park with trepidation, and in the pale light cast by the solitary lights saw Serkan leaning against the car. Today was desperately cold too and for a moment she felt a twinge of concern which she pushed away.

He came to her, but she ignored him and started the car and rushed off. In the rear view mirror she saw him shake his head and watch after her. She drove recklessly, just wanting to get away from him. Why did he come back in the cold evening again. What was wrong? Why did he want to talk with her? She drove a short distance and then turned left into a small service road where she parked and put out her headlights. She waited for him to drive past and then putting some distance between their cars, tailed him. He drove into a modern new apartment building over-looking the sea. So this was his new home? Or was it Selin's home? To be honest it looked more like Selin's choice. She couldn't imagine him living next to strangers. She stabbed her already bleeding heart with all the theories she could find to hurt herself.