The Invisible Red Thread Tying You To Me (5)

.....cont......

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect." - J.K.Rowling

Serkan nursed the thought that even if Eda was stonewalling him, avoiding all contact, her actions spoke loudly about her emotions. He wondered if he should confront her, tell her he how humbled he felt by the glimpses of the depth of her emotion and commitment to their relationship. She hadn't given up on him, it seemed to him and he wanted to win that faith, in her own time, letting her realize it.

At long last the project for the "Inside out" waterfall was under construction. Set a few miles out of the city, near an upcoming airport, the structural construction was almost over and it was time for Efe's team to step in. He took his team to stay onsite for a few days when the project would be handed over to him

------------------xxxxx------------------------------xxxxx----------------.

At the site, Eda looked around, she fully expected Serkan to be there, fully expected that her acting skills would be called upon to feign ignorance to him and watch him walk away defeated. She looked forward to such interactions, she told herself fiercely, as she zipped up her extremely becoming but completely unsuitable dress for the day when she should probably have worn overalls or rough jeans. Her hand unsteady over the long lasting makeup, she frowned at herself, unable to decide whether the iron control she exercised over herself was something to be happy or sad about.

Which is why it was a complete anti-climax as the day shuffled by like an old woman with no sign of the man she had dressed up for. Art Life was represented by the engineers who spoke with Efe and made off with their equipment. Eda's wait grew longer and she tried to tell herself she didn't mind, but by evening even that pretense was wearing thin. Towards the end of the working day Leyla dropped in with an armful of documents for Efe and Eda immediately shifted to them. Leyla apologized on behalf of Serkan and handed over the documents to him, explaining that Serkan was busy elsewhere and unable to come for handing over the project. She looked distracted and Eda followed her as she turned to go.

"Leyla, is there some problem? Why didn't anyone come since morning?" Eda asked , catching the worry virus from Leyla. As Leyla turned towards her, opened her mouth and shut it again, confused whether to say anything to Eda, Eda's worry-meter spiked and she had to voice what she had battled since morning," Serkan? Serkan is ill, isn't he? Something wrong with him? Tell me. Please" She begged Leyla.

Leyla scoffed, "Sick? No he is not. At least not when I left the office. he is fine Eda." Then eyeing Eda's distraught face, she took pity on her," I can tell you whats wrong but it shouldn't go beyond you. " At Eda's irritated look , she put her hands up, " I know..I know.. I trust you completely...but ... well ... remember the case of the roof collapse...the case got fixed out of turn for hearing... we were still collecting evidence for the collapse...it looks like they really want to pull Serkan Bey through fire this time... We were not even told they were asking for an out of turn hearing of the case.."Leyla sighed. " Anyway now we are trying to somehow get all the data together so we have some chance of success. A job to go back to" Leyla sighed deeply.."Eda, why are you still bothered about Serkan Bey? Didn't you break up? And you don't even visit us, as if you really don't want to keep up with us..... Or are you still..? hmm? "Leyla regarded Eda suspiciously...

Eda didn't want anyone asking these questions she had still not been able to face her own self over this issue and didn't want Leyla prying too closely.. "Is S...I mean everyone very worried, Leyla?"... This time Leyla smiled, "Yes Eda.... EVERYONE is very worried..... and EVERYONE will be happy if they knew you were on our side." Eda, scuffed her shoe tip and looked down, "You know Leyla, I am always on your side... even if it doesn't look like that lately, but if it comes to a point, I will support you..your side..." she finished lamely.