Hired

*Stiles

I feel nothing anymore. My parents don't care, they didn't even believe me, I'm so numb that the pain of the cuts is the only thing that makes me feel anything.

So I just keep cutting.

My eyes droop shut, feeling slightly dizzy, everything is silent except for the running of the faucet in the tub.

Everything fades into darkness.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My eyes shoot opening causing me to wince. I open my eyes to see the monotone colors and feeling of a hospital room.

My nose scrunches at the antiseptic smells, and for the first time I notice the bandages wrap around my arms.

And then it hits me, I tried to kill myself.

My parents haven't even noticed I'm awake because they are looking at their phones.

My fathers phone rings and he just answers and walks to the door, "Jim hey! Sorry my sons had a little mishap. You know how kids are, but we'll be in Milan in a day or two..." he disappears behind the door.

I just scoff and shake my head and that's when my mom looks up.

"Stiles thank goodness. How could you do this..." wait does she care, "this is a total embarrassment to the family!... ."

I just turn around as tears roll down my face quickly drenching my pillow.

* Derek

I just moved to New York well I'm staying in a hotel, but I'm hoping to find a job as a caretaker or in a psychiatric facility.

Today's my first interview since moving here, and I'm pretty nervous. But I'm completely certified for this particular job so I just need to prove myself.

I went to medical school, and took courses in psychology, and even worked on suicide watch at my last job.

I just needed a change of scenery after my parents deaths. And what better than the city that never sleeps.

I walk into the fancy building for my interview when a woman in a pants suit approaches me, "are you Mr. Hale?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm here for the interview with Mrs. Stilinski."

"Ok follow me,"

She takes me into the elevator and we ride to the penthouse before she leads me into an amazing apartment with the best view.

I see a woman sitting on her phone not even looking up at me.

"Mrs. Stilinski, this is Derek Hale he's here for the job pertaining stiles." Said the pantsuit woman.

She swiped her hands dismissing her. And motions for me to sit.

"Ok let's just jump straight in, your resume is perfect, the best one I've seen, no criminal record, and I'm assuming you want the job?"

"Yes ma'am,"

"Ok well, your hired. You will be payed two thousand every two weeks, but this position is a stay in position. Meaning for the next six months you will be here with stiles, and let me tell you he's quite difficult." She said rolling her eyes.

"Are you still wanting the job?"

What is going on?

"Yes ma'am"

She handed me paper work, "put all you information on here so we can pay and contact you, and you start in two days your first task is picking him up from the New York Presbyterian Allen hospital."

"Oh and here's the file on everything you need to know about where stuff is in the apartment, along with your key to the house, stiles medicine, and all knives that are locked away and the house is suicide proof."

"Any questions."

"About stiles..."

"Great, got to go before I miss my flight!"

She left so quickly I wasn't even able to ask some questions about stiles.

I looked around completely shocked.

What kinda of parent would rush finding a caretaker for their suicidal son??

- an hour later

I took a look at the thick file, and explored the house to get comfortable.

Once I found all the keys on the counter I took them to my new room and put them in the bed side desk. Flopping on the bed.

I pick up stiles hospital record.

Mieczyslaw Stilinski.

"So stiles it is," I whisper to myself.

After about thirty minutes of reading over stiles file I can't anymore and decided to go move my stuff in and leave my current hotel.

I only have a few boxes since I decided I didn't need much.

- two days later

I've signed the release form presented to my by the nurse.

I finish as they wheel a boy down the hall.

He was skinny, and had mole adorned pale skin, black painted chipped nails, and bags under his eyes.

When he got closer he just rolled his eyes and pushed the break on the wheel chair looking up at the scowling nurse, " I've got it from here thanks, my failed suicide didn't effect my ability to walk.

He jumped out of the wheel chair, and stared at me as I stick my hand out to shake his , "hi I'm Derek, your new caretaker."

"I'm stiles, your suicidal, smartass patient." He said smirking before walking past me to the waiting privately owned car.

This is going to be a long six months.

Hope this is good, this is just to get the plot started. Isn't stiles parents douche bags??