Our first tree

First off do you see how cute this picture is!

*Stiles

"Its freezing."

My teeth were chattering as Derek pulled me into him, trying to warm me up; I huddled closer as we walked and stuck my hands inside his coat. He looked absolutely adorable with his red and navy plaid winter coat and navy beanie. We have been looking for the perfect tree for twenty minutes but there was so many options.

"What about this one,"

"Hmmm, I'm not feeling like its our tree," Derek said squinting his eyes in analysis.

He was EXTREMELY serious about having the 'right tree'. I'm just fucking freezing and he's not holding me now.

We walked farther back into the forest of already cut trees. Derek pointed to a tree and raised his eyebrows if asking if this was the tree.

"No, I think it's too small."

"Yeah, you're right."

I round the tree on my left and stare delightedly at a beautiful tall, plump tree that was perfect.

Dereks going to love it!

I skip happily finding Derek a few feet away, and I run up behind him covering his eyes excitedly.

"Ok close your eyes and hold my hand," I tell Derek as I pull him to the evergreen pine tree.

I turn him so he's facing the tree, "OK OPEN YOUR EYES!"

I bounce happily as Derek makes a round circling the tree.

"This is perfect, I'll go get the workers to grab it," he smiles toothily.

- back at the apartment

We somehow managed to get the tree in the house and up on the stand, after we cut the plastic webbing keeping the tree smushed together it looked beautiful. It was in front of our widow and would look amazing lit up.

"When can we decorate it," I say pulling all the bags of ornaments we bough into the living room.

"We have to let the branches settle, so tomorrow."

I frown and Derek laughs softly kissing my forehead, before dragging me to the kitchen. Derek pours me hot chocolate with little marshmallows in the cutest snowmen mug.

I let it cool as I look through the bags of Christmas decorations, "Ok, so where do you think the Santa picture should go? I was thinking over there in the little reading nook."

I grabbed it and positioned it where I wanted. "I think it looks good, it'll also go well with the pillow we bought," Derek says throwing them at me making me giggle.

Once Derek played the handy man and hung it up I adjusted the pillows and red chunky knit blanket and squealed at how cute it looked.

At least if I suck at fashion school I can be a interior designer.

We put up the rest of the decorations before turning on the grinch which was Dereks all time favorite Christmas movie. It was so cute how excited Derek got about Christmas, apparently it was always a big deal to decorate together with his family... mine on the other hand was usually spent alone or with my parents on 'business calls'.

I finally understand why people love it so much, you've just got to be with the right people. I smile at him focused on the movie.

"Thank you Derek for making this so much fun, I don't think I'll ever be able to get a fake tree again. " I say wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Your welcome," he smiled softly down on me laying on the couch.

I lean forward connecting my lips with his, moving together perfectly. He runs his hands down my side before grabbing my hips.

Derek was hovering over me, and I wanted so badly to continue but I knew Derek would stop it before it got far. He pulled back when I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He looked into my eyes before plopping down on me.

"Oomph-"

Derek just looked up at me with a shit eating grin.

"Jerk," I mumble hitting his arm.

"Play with my hair," Derek demanded.

"Mm, bossy."

* Derek

When I woke up Stiles was already putting the lights on the tree, He definitely wasn't going for a coordinated color look, but those were boring anyway.

"Starting without me?"

He whipped around with a guilty smile, "It was calling to me."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll make some coffee and then we can put the ornaments on."

Once the little beep went off I grabbed to mugs and filled them up, black for me. A shit ton of creamer for stiles. I walk back in the living room to see Stiles plugging the light up with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Good job Sti, it looks really great."

"Thanks, I couldn't choose between the white or the colorful lights so I just did both and then I had another roll of lights and thought it'd look good in the snowman tree topper, also I thought we found hag some over the big door way to the kitchen."

Stiles was rambling a mile minute and it made my heart swell with love. WAIT, LOVE??

I throw my head back laughing at a blushing Stiles.

"You are the absolute cutest thing in the world, puppies could never," I say moving to turn on Christmas music and get my phone.

"Ok, grab your first ornament and put it on the tree."

Stiles grabs a sparkly heel that he begged for and placed it on our tree, as he did so, I took a picture.

"Ok, your turn der."

We traded places with Stiles taking my picture smiling happily.

We dance around together me spinning stiles as I pass him. As we dance, we add ornaments to every available spot. We sing along at the top of our lungs, completely off tune, to Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas'.

Stepping back to admire our work, I wrapped my arms around stiles waist pulling him into me, where he laid his head on my shoulder. The tree was so pretty and it brought back the best memories of me and my family. They would have loved this so much.

They would love Stiles so much.

————————————————————————

So this chapter is just kinda a cute Christmas fluff chapter that I'm a sucker for, this is actually pretty much my own tradition for Christmas! We love Christmas and have like 6 trees in our house lmao 🤣. Not to mention soon a 5ft tall grinch sooooo lol.

I get a real tree. Do you all get real or fake trees?

What's your family's tradition?

Do you like coffee or hot chocolate better? For me personally hot chocolate 😍.