Chapter 7

Omashu, city of sky rises and pitfalls. Shoto Incorporated, a fledgling company that somehow owns dozens of warehouses and factories. Their bright billboards cast shadows over their compound that seemingly sprung up overnight.

Asami removed her sunglasses, and strode through the iron gates of Shoto Incorporated, flanked by two security guards and a secretary who seemed eerily familiar. A stocky and optimistic lava bender, a spiked-hair and cynical lightning bender and a Beifong hidden under a pair of fake glasses. They were greeted by the head the company. CEO and founder Mr Hisashi. A lucky upstart in the changing market and pioneer designer of new beverages. He had slicked back auburn hair and permeant salesmen's grin. To his right, the head of marketing and sales, Zakoo. A genius of marketing who analysed trends with methodical accuracy. He was shorter and had cold eyes that matched his inky black hair.

"Miss Sato. How wonderful it is that you want a tour of our humble establishment. We are surprised but honoured that the head of Future industries is interested in our endeavours." Mr Hisashi kissed Asami on the hand.

"The honour is mine. I have heard so many interesting things about what you do here. I simply had to come and see myself."

"We will try our best not to disappoint you." Replied Zakoo with a small bow.

Mr Hisashi gestured toward the entrance. "Shall we start with the factory floor where I will show you the latest advances in modern beverage production, then Zakoo will run through how we do things here in the board room."

Asami looked over to a ledge high above ground level. Korra and Jinora watching from the wings. Asami nodded. Time for the plan to begin.

The factory floor was a forest of tanks, pipes and vats. Asami and the group walked along a steel catwalk riveted over the factory line. "This is where Spazz comes to life. Our specialised technicians use the latest in technological advances to produce more product than any other company in the Earth nation. With each hiss of steam and each clanking of gears, dozens of bottles were filled and sent along a conveyor.

"It is incredible. You should be proud of your facilities." Asami replied.

"Well thank you. When I was designing Spazz back in university, I knew that my vision would demand only the best."

With a raised eyebrow Asami asked "You created the Spazz formula yourself?"

Straightening his tie with a smug tug, he unashamedly replied "Oh yes, I graduated with a degree in biochemistry from Ba Sing Se University."

Zakoo knocked Hisashi of his pedestal with a nudge to the arm. "While the efforts of our CEO our admirable, they still don't hold a candle to Future Industries. Your father was a man ahead of his time."

Asami looked mournfully to the ground. "My father was many things."

As the tour proceeded, Jinora and Korra and crouched along a huge metal pipe pressed up to the ceiling. Veiled in the steamy columns emanating from the cast iron contraptions.

"We won't have long. We need to find some evidence linking Spazz to anything suspicious." Said Korra. "Let's search the place."

Jinora squeezed her trembling hand, "Let's just get this done as soon as possible." They crept through the factory, ducking behind corners, and rifling through cupboards. Korra used her seismic sense but she couldn't find any giant hidden lairs or anything much. Amongst the noisy machines it was difficult to feel the vibrations of anything else. They were running out of time before Asami's tour would be over. They needed to search Mr Hisashi's office