65

Whatever our souls were made of, his and mind were the same

She looked ravishing

She always did.

But she just looked so good dripping in diamonds and blood.

Her dress was the color of the insides of our enemies, and by the way her heels clicked on the cement and her plump lips turned upwards she knew it too.

I watched her eyes wander along the ground, to the crimson Circular stain edged into the pavement.

Where destruction had gotten to us both and shattered us not long ago.

"You faked your death once." She said as she came up to me, as I lent Against the side of a car meant for the god of death.

Her hair was curled and she threw it behind her shoulder as she pressed her body up against mine.

She swayed her hips along me teasingly, mocking my calmness.

Like she was trying to drive me mad. Because she knew she could, so easily.

"I know sparrow." I answered.

I knew I'd faked my death, and I remember how it felt to do it every day.

Her eyes zeroed in on mine, they were soft yet dangerous. "What do you have planned? Hmm? I don't often dress this fancy." She mellowed, as she tapped her finger on the twenty-five thousand dollar suit of mine.

"Am I not allowed to take my woman out to dinner?" I smirked, and her eyes lit up.

How did I ever feel fine about hurting her?

How could I have ever planned to give her away so willingly?

How could I have treated her the way I did, and still have her pressed to me now, with her so deeply in love with me?

Did I deserve it? Did I deserve her? Probably not.

But she didn't care what I deserved or what I didn't, and god I loved her for that.

"so we are going on a date." Her smile made me want to pull her closer, so close we'd be inseparable.
"but What about my fathers men, what about—" she started, and her dazzling little minx smile fell.

"Who cares." I answered before she could finish.

"I promised you this. Let me keep this promise." I whispered lowly as I rested my forehead against hers.

I could see every detail of her face, and even if I closed my eyes, I'd still remember.

My hands drawing there way around her waist, a small gasp coming from her cherry lips as I tugged her body closer. I needed her closer "Okay." She stammered, breathing slightly uneven.

"Okay."

•••

The restaurant was almost too fancy for me to even breath in.

I felt as though if I even touched anything it'd turn to dust.

I wonder what would happen if I tipped my wine glass off the table.