Why Don't We

{i miss you daddy, 19 years} {also, this obviously is not true as, daniel's dad is still alive and healthy and daniel doesn't have a second sister called danniellah but, that's why this is called fiction}

"it's been a year daddy, i really really miss you," 

It had been 19 years since Danniellah and Daniel's Dad Jeff died on that tragic, eventful day of 9/11. Due to it being the 19-year-anniversary, and a Why Don't We concert falling on the same day, the band and Danniellah decided that it would only be appropriate if they had Danniellah do the contemporary dance that she performed at her dance competition on the 12th anniversary of 9/11. However, it was updated to 19 years and she used a backing track of her own voice explaining how much she missed her dad. 

"Mommy says your safe now, in a beautiful place called 'heaven',

Danniellah, as she danced, tried so hard to not cry as she heard her five-year-old self say that as she continued dancing. Daniel was already sobbing, not able to control them as the boys all comfort him, trying their absolute hardest to not break, for the sake of Daniel. The audience is also sobbing, some not even able to watch Danniellah because of how upsetting just hearing the audio of Danniellah's voice progression as she got older. 

'We had your favourite dinner tonight, and I ate it all up, even though I don't like carrots,'

Now that made some perfect comedic relief for everyone. Teary, ugly laughing filled the stadium that the concert was being performed in. Danniellah took the quick time whilst doing a combination turn to take a quick look at Daniel and the boys. Her heart broke at seeing the tears and expression that was painted on her younger brother's face. All she wanted to do was to protect her family, even if it included her Dad. Yet, she couldn't do it. She wasn't able to save her Dad from falling to his death at the Twin Towers and she couldn't wipe all the tears off of her baby brother's face as he watched her ever so proudly and bravely danced this dance for what seemed like the thousandth time, maybe thousand and first. 

'I learned how to swim this summer! And I can even open my eyes when I'm underwater!' 

Okay, now that made everyone coo over the voiceover as Danniellah continued to dance ever so beautifully. That line always made Danniellah smile, she just found her five-year-old voice at that particular moment really adorable. Maybe because of how excited five-year-old Danniellah got when she said it. 

"Dad would be so proud Danni," Daniel whispered, a small smile forming on his tear-stained face as he rested his head on Jonah's shoulder as the boys made sure he was okay as he wiped a tear away 

'Can you see me? I miss you, Daddy," 

And this was why Danniellah was scared of performing this dance every year on the anniversary. Hearing that little 5-year-old girl say those 8 words broke her to the absolute ground as a now, 23-year-old as well as her younger brother, Daniel, at age 21. Just like earlier, Daniel burst into another round of sobs as Jonah and Corbyn looked over to each other with sad looks yet, refused to let go of the sobbing, still that same grief-stricken young boy, who was only 2 when his Dad died. Danniellah was only two years older at 4 years old when her Dad died. 

'It's been five years Daddy. I'm in fifth grade now.' 

C'mon Danni, don't get distracted. Yes, Daniel's crying, the entire audience is crying but, that doesn't mean you can, you are dancing! Please, I know it's hard but, do it for Daniel. The audience all gasped as the audio progressed 

'I really like computers but, math is hard," 

Everyone tearfully giggled at that, included Danniellah as she did an amazing turn sequence which got a lot of cheers. The comment about math being hard was so true and relatable to everyone. However, everyone was in so much shock at how Danniellah was dancing with so much passion to her own voice throughout the years with 'Heaven' by DJ Sammy barely being heard in the background.