Daniel Seavey

{imagine; song based}

{warnings; sad, loads of crying, divorced parents, anxiety and just sad shit.}

{description; based on 'when you love someone' by James TW, Daniel is told by his parents, Keri and Jeff in front of the group and his girlfriend that they divorced whilst the boys were on tour. Daniel reacts to this in the way that Keri sadly expected of her youngest son and, along with his girlfriend (you) and jonah go upstairs to try to talk to him, persuade him to come back downstairs so he could understand both sides of the stories as to why it happened. although he emotionally found it hard to come to terms with it, he acknowledged that the divorce was needed to make his parents stronger and, if it meant for them to divorce then, that's what it meant.

{a/n; apparently there's been a rumour going around that Keri and Jeff actually have divorced but, as of right now, that only is a rumour and, i actually hope they haven't as they are the sweetest parents ever and, Christian, Daniel, Tyler and Anna have gone through so much this year, especially Daniel and Chris so, going through their parents possibly divorcing is an awful thing to add on to an already crappy year. the song lyrics chosen will be italicised and bold and everything else will be in normal font unless otherwise stated. enjoy my loves!

- - -

{Daniel's POV}

Sitting down on the couch with my parents in front of me and the rest of the group it slightly worried me. I mean, I've missed my parents and I was ecstatic they were here, of course as the boys and I have been on tour for almost the entire year but, I didn't like the atmosphere that was flowing through the house. It was literally making me anxious and nervous and I couldn't pinpoint as to why I was feeling like this. It was almost as if I was premediating some bad news or something.

I looked around the room anxiously, just in case something changed to the lounge room whilst tour was happening yet, I just couldn't put my finger to it and, it was starting to bother me. It was bothering me that I couldn't figure out what was going and as to why I was being talked to in this scenario. 

"---Daniel, you listening?" Rylie, my girlfriend softly tapped me as I refocused back to Mom and Dad as I gulped 

"Sorry, what did I miss?" I hesitated, trying to hide the sweat on my shaky hands as I felt the burning eyes of everyone on me 

"Daniel, Dad and I have something serious we need to tell you so can you please focus?" Mom asked as patiently and kindly as she could. I gulped but nodded my head nevertheless

"U-uh yeah sure, go ahead, sorry I was t-thinking about something else..." I trail off, confusing myself as Mom leans forward, grabbing my hands and holding them tightly. I shiver, feeling something bad come up as I squeeze her hands back tighter

"...Danny, I'm sorry that we didn't tell you sooner but, u-umm, your father and I have decided that we need to take a break--"

"--O-oh, okay? Then, go on a holiday *anxious giggle* it's not that hard Momma, if you need to take a break from LA, that's understandable just--"

"--No-no, Danny, we don't mean like that," Dad suddenly cuts in, my head snapping up to look at him, I had completely forgotten he was here as well as I tilted my head in confusion at what he was insinuating 

"Then, what do you mean?" I ask simply - you would think at 20-years-old I would be able to understand things but no, I'm still kinda dumb and slow on certain things my parents tell me, hence why I get really anxious when I'm in these scenarios