Part 5: Confrontation

The light shone in the windows. I groaned. Why did I insist on drinking so much last night? I felt an arm wrap around me. Shit. I drank way too much.
"Good morning," the owner of the arm whispered to me. Tayler.
I turned over to look at him. "Good morning. Are you also really hungover, or is it just me?"
Tayler nodded. "You're yelling," he whispered.
I chuckled softly. "Come on. Get dressed. We're getting breakfast." We both quickly dressed, and I slipped out of the room first. "Let me make sure no one's down there. We'll never get out of here if they are."
I crept down the stairs slowly, stopping to look around the corner. The kitchen looked empty, so I motioned for Tayler to come downstairs.

We made it to the front door before I heard a voice. "You don't waste any time, do you?"
I turned to face the direction the voice came from. "That's bold of you to say to me."

Josh chuckled. "Tayler? Really? That's the best you could come up with?"
"God, you're an asshole. Shouldn't you be worried about Nessa?"
Tayler placed his hand on my shoulder, calming me. "Let's just go, Bailey."
I turned, taking Tayler's hand in mine.

As we drove to a diner, my head was spinning, mostly because of the hangover, but partially because of the situation I had just found myself in.
We pulled into the parking lot, and Tayler looked at me. "You good?" he asked. 
I shook my head. "I will be."

We sat down at a booth, glancing at the menu quickly. "Hi, y'all. My name is Morgan, I'll be taking care of you today. Can I get you started off with something to- oh my God. You're Bailey Hall and Tayler Holder."
I chuckled lightly. "That's us."
"I just saw you guys on tiktokroom," she said.
Fantastic. "That's crazy," I said. "Can I please get a cup of coffee? Black."
She nodded and walked away. I quickly pulled up tiktokroom on my phone. What was this girl talking about?
"Found it," Tayler said, turning his phone to show me.
"Getting cozy. God, I love that. I've never had people so interested in me until I moved out here."

Morgan returned with my coffee

Morgan returned with my coffee. "Were you two ready to order?"
"Um, yeah," I said, handing his phone back to him. "I'm just gonna get the short stack pancakes with blueberry syrup."
"That sounds good. I'll get the same," Tayler said.

We sat in almost complete silence for a few moments before my phone rang.
"It's Bryce. I'll be right back." I stepped outside. "Hello?"
"Where the hell are you?" he asked.
I sighed. "With Tayler at breakfast. What do you need?"
"You're on tiktokroom again!"
"Yeah, I'm aware. Can you stop yelling? I'm hungover, and that's not helping."
"Did something happen with him last night?"
"With who? Tayler? He stayed over. We were both hungover and went for breakfast this morning. Why does it matter?"
Bryce groaned. "Josh is pissed."
"Why do I fucking care? He's back with Nessa. He shouldn't be worried about me, and I shouldn't be worried about him. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm with someone right now, and it's rude of me to stand outside on the phone with you," I said angrily, hanging up.

"What did Bryce want?" Tayler asked as I sat back down.
"To yell at me. He always did that so well," I replied.
Tayler laughed. "I remember. When we came to Maryland, he yelled at you for everything you did."