Part 14: Hype House

I numbly walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I didn't know how I was supposed to deal with all of this by myself. I didn't want to keep complaining to Bryce. I walked past my room and knocked on Josh's door. I knocked on the door softly. He opened the door, and I hugged him quickly, burying my face in his chest.
"Can we cuddle for a little bit?" Josh nodded. "Do you wanna change first?"
"Can I borrow a hoodie?" Josh nodded again, opening his closet.
"Pick whatever you want," he said, turning to grab a pair of sweats from the dresser.

I picked an old Sway hoodie from the back, pulling it over my head after taking my jeans and crewneck off. I crawled into his bed, making myself comfortable. He turned back to look at me. "Can you come get in the bed?" I asked, pouting.
He chuckled at me. "Yes, baby. Come here," he said, opening his arms for me to nestle myself in next to him.
"Thank you, Josh. Today was harder than it should've been, and I really needed comfort."
"Of course, Bailey. I'll always be here for you. No matter what."
I let myself get comfortable in his arms, and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

"I can't find Bailey!" I heard Bryce yell from the hallway.
Shit. I shook Josh awake. "Bryce is looking for me! What do I do?" I asked frantically. 
"Put your pants on, first of all. We can just pretend that you were already up and came to talk to me."
I got out of the bed to put my pants on, and the door flew open. "Hey, Josh. Have you seen- Bailey."
"Hey, bubba. Good morning," I said, hoping that he wouldn't mention that I was in his best friend's bedroom half-naked.
Bryce glared at me. "Is there a reason that you don't have any pants on? Why weren't you in your own room?" I could tell in his face that he was imagining a billion scenarios, but I doubted that any of them were what actually happened.
"I was upset last night, and I asked Josh if we could cuddle for a little bit. I guess we just kind of fell asleep."
Bryce shook his head. "Just kind of fell asleep, huh? I don't believe it. I told you two to take things slow. Until further notice, the two of you will not be allowed to be alone together. I need to be able to trust you. Both of you," he said, looking past me at Josh, who hadn't even bothered to sit up. 
"Bryce, I promise you that it's not what it looks like. Nothing happened."
"Save it, Bailey. Addison is looking for you. You should probably go get ready to go to the Hype House. When the two of you are more awake, and more fully clothed, we will have a discussion about this."

Bryce turned and left the room. "Thanks for the help with that one, Josh."
"What was I supposed to say?" he asked. "He's your brother."
"And? He's your best friend."
"Bailey! Now!" I heard Bryce yell, probably from his room.
I sulked my way down the hallway to my own room, where Addison was sitting on my bed. 
"Hey, Addi. Sorry about that," I said, closing the door behind me.
She shook her head. "It's no big deal to me. What happened though? Bryce is kind of pissed."
"Oh, really? I couldn't tell," I replied sarcastically, digging through my closet. "Sorry, that was shitty. It's not your fault that your boyfriend is a nutcase."
"Bailey," she said, a warning tone in her voice. 
"I slept with Josh," I said, never turning away from the closet.
Addison gasped. "Did Bryce catch you two right in the middle? No wonder he's mad."
I shook my head. "Not like that. I was upset about Nessa last night, and I wanted someone to comfort me, so I went to Josh's room and asked if we could cuddle for a little bit. We fell asleep, and Bryce was mad this morning because he walked into the room and I was only wearing one of Josh's hoodies."
Addison sighed in understanding. "So, he thinks that you two hooked up?"
I nodded and turned to look at her. "I meant what I said when I said that we were gonna take this slow. We've only ever kissed a few times, nothing more than that." I quickly changed, deciding to go without makeup and throwing my hair into a high, messy bun. 

The drive to the Hype House was awkward. Bryce had told Addison to question me about last night's events, and had even gone as far as giving her a list of things to ask. She believed that nothing happened, but Bryce was expecting detailed answers, so she handed me her phone to type them out. 
"'Did they use protection?' What in the hell? I can't put no because he'll be mad, but I can't put yes because he'll still be mad. How am I supposed to even answer these questions? They all imply that Josh and I had sex."
Addison shrugged. "Type in all caps at the top that you didn't. Maybe he'll get the hint."
I shook my head. There was no point in causing problems between the two of them over some one-sided sibling drama. We pulled up to the Hype House, and I looked up in awe. The last time I had been here, I hadn't really looked at the outside. "This place is beautiful," I said, getting out of the car. 
When we got to the gate, Addison put in a key code. "They let you have a key code still, even though you don't live here anymore?"
Addison laughed. "It's Avani's. Thomas took my code out of the system as soon as I mentioned that I was considering leaving. Let's go. I texted Avani to let her know that we were here."