Part 20: Milestones

-six months later-
"Happy one year, baby," I heard Josh whisper in my ear.
I rolled over to look at him. "Happy one year."
"If you would've told me a year ago that this is where we would be today, I wouldn't have believed you."
"Me either," I agreed. "A year ago, you were still with Nessa, and all we did was fight all the time."
Josh laughed. "Yeah, well, you were hooking up with Tayler."
"That's fair. I deserved that," I replied, laughing. "Let's go make breakfast. We have to be at Sway at noon."

I walked down our hallway to the kitchen. Our apartment was small, but it was cute, and it was all ours. Josh followed me. "What are you gonna make?"
I laughed, knowing that his help only consisted of sitting and watching me. "Well, what do you want, my love?"
Josh put a finger to his chin, thinking. "Pancakes?"
I nodded and began getting the ingredients together. "What are you looking at?"
"You," he replied. "You're just so beautiful. How did I get so lucky?"
I chuckled softly. "I think that I'm the lucky one," I whispered, crossing the kitchen to kiss him lightly. I finished making breakfast, and we sat in a comfortable silence as we ate.
"I'm gonna go take a shower, Mr. Richards. Care to join me?" I asked, teasing him.
Josh didn't hesitate. "Absolutely, Miss Hall. Lead the way."

I felt the water cascade over our bodies, relishing the warmth. Josh's finger traced my collarbone from behind me as he kissed my neck. "No, sir. As much fun as that sounds, we have a deadline here." I turned to see Josh pouting. I laughed at him, reaching behind him to turn the water off.
I got out, roughly drying my hair with the towel. As I looked in the mirror, I decided on a simple French braid. When I left the bathroom, Josh was laying on the bed in a hoodie and jeans. "What took you so long?" he asked.
I shook my head. "Hair has to look good. You know how it is." I picked out a hoodie from Bryce's new PAU launch and some distressed jeans, dressing quickly. "Can we go?"
"You did not just ask that impatiently like I'm the one who took forever," Josh joked, standing up.

Our apartment wasn't far from Sway, so the drive was short. The feeling of Josh's hand in mine was something that I had grown used to, but the feeling was new and exciting every time.
"We're here!" Josh called out as we walked into the house.
Bryce came running. "How are you guys? I feel like I haven't seen you guys in ages!"
I wrapped him in a hug. "We're good, bubs. What's going on today?"
"I have a surprise, and I wanted us to all be together for it," he said, not revealing much more than that.
I nodded, completely lost. Bryce was one to want to include everyone in the surprise without telling everyone the surprise, so this wasn't anything new. I looked at Josh, hoping that he knew something, but he shrugged as we followed Bryce into the kitchen.

"Bailey!" Jaden shouted, hugging me quickly. "I missed you, girl."
Josh feigned disappointment. "You didn't miss me, babe?"
Jaden laughed at him. "You know I did, man."
Everyone greeted us as if they hadn't seen us in months. In reality, it hadn't been more than a few days, but I guess, when you live with all of your other friends, a few days can feel like a lifetime.

Addison excused herself to go upstairs, and Bryce went into action. He quickly explained his plan to us, and we all nodded in understanding. We all dispersed quickly as Addison descended the stairs.
"Where are y'all going?" she asked, walking past us.
"Josh asked us to film a bit for his vlog," Blake said nervously. His excuse was kind of lame, and the execution definitely needed work, but Addison seemed to have bought it.

We all headed towards the beach. Bryce had loaded all of the supplies into Griffin's car the night before, so we were just in charge of making sure that everything was set up and looked great.
"Nope, that sign needs to go a little bit to the right," I said, standing back to look at the setup. Griffin moved it quickly, checking for my approval. This was my older brother, so I needed to make sure that everything was perfect for him. I nodded, walking towards Blake and Amelie, who were hanging lights. "That looks really good, you guys. I think that they're both going to love it."
Josh called out from a few yards away. "Bryce said that they're going to be here in five! Let's wrap this up, people!"
We put the finishing touches on everything, and we all went to our assigned places.