Part 11: Still Softish

"A fucking diss track? Damn it, Bryce. Can you get your shit together please?"
"Chill, Bails. We haven't even written it yet. We're gonna get it all done tomorrow, and we want your final approval on everything."
"Fine, Bryce. Just make good choices please."

There was a knock on my door a little bit later. "We're headed to McDonald's, do you want anything?" Griffin asked, opening the door.
"Is that even a question?" I said. "Can you get me a ten piece McNuggets with honey mustard and a small Sprite?" I asked, getting up to give him some cash.
"Save it. I got you," he said, closing the door.

By the time the boys got back, I was sitting in the kitchen patiently. "You're home!" I yelled running to them.
"Which one of us?" Jaden asked, laughing.
"Her chicken nuggets," Griffin replied, handing me a bag and laughing.
I opened the bag and sat down at the table to eat my nuggets. "Glad you're in a better mood," Bryce said, sitting down next to me. "Did you take a nap or something?"
I shook my head. "Chicken nuggets are the only way to soften this girl's heart, Bryce. You know this."
"So you're not mad at us for confronting Chase?" Jaden asked.
"I didn't say all that," I replied, causing the entire table to erupt in laughter.

"What time do you guys leave tomorrow morning?" I asked, turning to Bryce.
"We have to be there at nine, so we were gonna leave at eight."
I groaned. "If this diss track isn't fire, I swear to God, I will kill you for waking me up that early."
Bryce laughed again. "We will work at it until you love it, I promise."
We all talked as we ate. When I finished my meal, I excused myself from the table. "I need to go get my beauty sleep. If we have to leave here at eight, that means that I need to be up by seven, and that's in," I paused, checking the time on my phone, "eight hours."

I heard the boys chuckle as I left the room. What was I doing? I should've just told them that they weren't allowed to drop a diss track. Who was I kidding? If this morning was any indication, I knew full well that none of them listened to me.
A million thoughts danced through my hand as I drifted off to sleep.

Someone was shaking me awake. "What?" I groaned.
"You said you wanted to get up at seven, and it's seven-thirty," Josh's voice said.
"Damn it," I groaned, getting out of bed. "This is ridiculous."
"Hey, diss tracks are fun. Come on," he said, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.
I quickly dressed in jeans and a hoodie and headed downstairs, disappointed to see that no one had been up to start the coffee yet. Bryce cleared his throat behind me.
"Looking for this?" He was holding a venti coffee, and I had never loved him so much in my life.
"You, my dear, sweet brother, are the best," I said, grabbing the cup from him and taking a long sip.
Bryce chuckled. "Remember that when you're listening to us make a diss track later. Let's go."

Bryce and Josh got in the front seat of the car, leaving me to sit in the back.
We drove in silence, and I tried to take a nap, but Bryce's driving could be a little scary.
"We're here," Josh announced, opening the car door for me. "Let's go, chica."
I sat in the corner, playing on my phone as the spit balled lyrics to their producer. "'Broke bitch, broken ass nose bitch,'" the producer repeated. "Give me more. Give me something to really work with.
I shook my head. I could almost guarantee that this would start more drama than it would solve. Somewhere in between the countless rejected lyrics and the verses that the producer approved of, I drifted back to sleep.

"Bailey, we're getting ready to lay down some of the verses. Come listen," Bryce said as he and Josh went into the booth. The producer motioned for me to sit in a chair next to him.
"Yo, Bryce, this motherfuckin' man's tried to DM my girl, bro."
I groaned internally. This had better get better.
"We ain't doing this for the bands, we doing this just to tell all your fans, you still be fucking with girls, telling people Charli's your world."
Okay, wait, that was kind of fire actually.
"No, ladies, hell of a guy, he's, kind of, one of a kind, just, let them take some time to find out all of his lies."
When they were done, the producer motioned for me to tell them what I thought.
"Well, listen," I began, sighing slightly, "it started out a little rough, I'm not gonna lie, but it got progressively better. I think it's good."
Bryce and Josh high-fived. "You ready to watch us shoot the video?"
"Oh my God. No one said anything about a video," I replied, shaking my head. "Let's go, I guess."