★ | 003. the mysterious cullen's

Book: Starving
Chapter 3: The Mysterious Cullen's
Word Count: 2247

When Aiden woke up the next day for school, he hadn't been excited

When Aiden woke up the next day for school, he hadn't been excited. He wasn't anxious or nervous, he just wanted to stay in bed. Meeting new people didn't scare him the same way it did Bella.

After lazily getting ready with sleep still in his eyes, he walked down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Bella was already sitting at the table with cereal in front of her and Charlie sat across from her with a coffee.

Charlie greeted him with a good morning before offering if he wanted a cup of coffee. Aiden quickly shook his head, "I can't have coffee. It makes me more hyper then usual." Instead he got a bowl of cereal.

"Are you two, uh, looking forward to your first day?" Charlie questioned, trying to make conversation.

Bella shrugged, stirring her soggy cereal around her bowl. Aiden smiled at her in comfort before answering his dad, "of course. New people, new atmosphere. Couldn't ask for anything more." He lied, wanting to make his dad feel better.

Breakfast was soon finished and the twins left the house, saying goodbye to their dad before Bella got into the driver's side of the truck and he got in the passenger side.

As they started on their journey he said, "you know you have nothing to worry about. I told you I won't leave your side." He leaned over and pinched her cheek. "Your twinsy is here to protect you against the big, bad high school students."

She smacked his hand away in annoyance and he laughed at her. She just hoped he would stick by his word and not leave her at all.

The drive to the school was short and Aiden was the first one to jump out, not caring that basically every student in the parking lot were staring at them with fascination. They must not getting new students often.

"Nice ride." A boy in the parking space next to them commented as soon as Bella got out of the truck, making his friends laugh.

Aiden furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the guys car, "I wouldn't talk big when you're driving a van." The boy stopped laughing and glared at Aiden. Not wanting a fight to start on their first day, Bella grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the group. "What a dick." He mumbled.

They walked up into the school, only being able to pass through the doors before another male came up to them and exclaimed, "you're Isabella and Aiden Swan, the new guys. Hi! I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need? Tour guide, lunch date... a shoulder to cry on..."

He was staring at Bella with dreamy eyes and Aiden huffed at him, "cool it, Romeo. I think we're fine for now."

"I'm really kind of a more suffer in silence type." Bella answered with pursed lips, feeling slightly overwhelmed that this random guy had started talking to her.