★ | 007. near death experience

Book: Starving
Chapter 7: Near Death Experience
Word Count: 1855

Book: StarvingChapter 7: Near Death ExperienceWord Count: 1855

"Sorry for making you wait." Aiden said to his sister apologetically. School had just finished and she was waiting for him by the truck.

She shrugged, using the front of the truck to hold up her bag as she shoved books into it. She looked at him out of the corner of her eye, eyeing the jacket he was wearing. "I saw Edward give you that in class. What was that all about?"

Aiden raised his eyebrows and looked down at the coat, forgetting he was wearing it and who it came from. He was supposed to give it back. "I-I was cold from the rain so he gave it to me. Probably trying to suck up to me after treating me like shit before." He said with a small smile.

Bella hummed.

"What?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Nothing." She denied and sighed, "I just wish I was sitting next to him. That's all."

"Right." He replied. "If you want to talk to him, just approach him after class. It isn't that hard." He mumbled.

"Do... you think he likes you?"

He rolled his eyes, "he gave me a jacket, not a wedding ring. Would you calm down?"

She nodded her head, walking around to the other side of the car and putting her hand on the door handle. Aiden went to get in as well but before he could, a loud screeching made him whip back around just in time to see Tyler's van come speeding towards him.

He gasped, the truck behind him blocking him from moving any further back. There was no time. In seconds he was going to be squished. He was going to die at school. What a nightmare.

He fell to the ground as an arm wrapped around his waist protectively. Edward appeared before him, shooting out his hand and the van hit it, seeming to bounce off.

A large dent was now in the side of the van that was only an arm length away from ending the teenage boys life. He looked to the side, seeing Edward already looking at him with horror. "You just..." He trailed off but Edward was jumping up, removing his arm from around him and leaving him as a crowd started to form.

"Aiden, I'm so sorry. I panicked." Tyler said, blood dripping from his forehead as he looked out of the van window.

Aiden didn't reply, too caught up in his thoughts about what Edward had just done. Was he some kind of superhero? Did no one else just see what happened?

Bella ran around to his side, eyes wide with worry as she tried to see if he had any injuries. "Are you okay?!" She asked frantically.

He gulped, looking at the dent that Edward had caused. "I'm fine." He breathed out.

"Aiden! I've got 911 on the phone now." Angela said, holding her phone up to her ear and giving the details of the event. Aiden closed his eyes, slumping even more and resting his back against the truck, feeling like he was about to pass out.