★ | 006. back with a smile

Book: Starving
Chapter 6: Back With A Smile
Word Count: 1587

Aiden walked down the steps of his house, just in time to see Charlie pulling into the driveway in his and Bella's truck

Aiden walked down the steps of his house, just in time to see Charlie pulling into the driveway in his and Bella's truck. He furrowed his eyebrows and walked closer, he didn't know where Charlie had gone with the truck, seeing as his dad never took their car anywhere.

The sound of Bella grunting came from behind him and he whipped around, seeing his sister had slipped over and fallen on her ass. He didn't bother hiding his laughs and threw his head back. If only he had seen the impact occur.

Charlie rushed over to his daughter to make sure she was alright, grabbing her hand and helping her stand. "I'm good. Ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated." She spoke before glaring at Aiden. "Thank you so much for helping."

Aiden shrugged, "no problem."

"That's why I had some new tires put on the truck." Charlie said, leading his children over to the truck and lightly kicking the closest tire. "The old ones were getting really bold." Bella nodded her head as Aiden thanked their father. "Well, I'll probably be late for dinner. Gotta head down to Mason County. A security guard at the Grisham mill got killed by some kind of animal."

"An animal?" Bella questioned.

"You're not in Phoenix anymore, Bells. Anyway, I figured I'd lend a hand." Charlie moved over to his police cruiser, opening the door.

"Hey, pops. Be careful, yeah?" Aiden called out to him before he could get in. "Don't want you getting mauled by some animal."

Charlie smiled lightly back, "I'm always careful."

Aiden hoped he was telling the truth. The twins got into their car once Charlie did and took off on their way to school.

▼ ▲ ▼ ▲

The day had gone by rather slowly. Rain poured outside and seeing as Aiden forgot to bring an umbrella and Bella wouldn't share hers, he was freezing his ass off with the little amount of water in his hair and on his clothes. He was just lucky he got inside before the rain really hit.

He walked into biology class, rubbing his hands together as he moved to his desk, only to freeze when he looked up.

Edward Cullen had been away from school for a week now and Aiden hadn't been expecting him to come back. So, it was easy to see why he was surprised to see him sitting in his seat, looking a lot less tense then the last time Aiden saw him.

He slowly walked over to the desk and sat down, not glancing at the other male once. He wasn't going to be as nice as he once was.

Edward breathed out a deep sigh as he watched him, "hello." He said in a shaky voice. He was taken aback when Aiden didn't look at him. "I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen." He was once again ignored. "You're Aiden?"