★ | 009. la push baby

Book: Starving
Chapter 9: La Push Baby
Word Count: 2396

Aiden stood at the kitchen counter, buttering his toast, his tongue poking out the corner of his mouth in concentration

Aiden stood at the kitchen counter, buttering his toast, his tongue poking out the corner of his mouth in concentration. It has to be perfect, he couldn't stand when someone put to much or to little butter on his toast.

"Your mum called. Again." Charlie said. Renee had been afraid that Aiden hadn't been telling her the truth about being fine and had decided on calling Charlie every couple hours to get an update on him.

Aiden snickered, glad he wasn't the one getting harassed by the woman. "That's your punishment for telling her. I mean, did you really have to tell her I was almost crushed by a van." He said sarcastically before taking a bite out of his toast.

"I suppose you're right." Charlie commented, taking a sip of his coffee as Aiden came and sat down across from him. "She always did know how to worry."

Aiden hummed, looking down at his phone.

"She seems different... she seems happy." Charlie had a sadness in his voice and Aiden slowly looked up at him awkwardly. "Phil sounds like an alright guy..."

He nodded his head, "he's alright, I guess but he has nothing on my Pops."

"Thanks kid."

▼ ▲ ▼ ▲

Aiden sat at the lunch table, listening as the teenagers around him talked about something. He would be concentrating on them except his mind was clouded with that fact Edward hadn't stopped staring at him since he walked in. It was incredibly frustrating and annoying. He wasn't going to give him any attention. He was done with the stupid game Edward was playing.

"Hey!" Eric said enthusiastically as Bella came over to them. "La Push, baby... are you in?"

Bella looked at her brother confused and asked, "should I know what that means?"

He shrugged, "not gonna lie, I haven't been listening to what they were saying so I have no idea was La Push is."

"You can be so rude sometimes." Mike huffed and Aiden shrugged once again, not caring. "La Push Beach is down the Quileute Rez. We're all going tomorrow."

"Yeah, there's a big swell coming in." Jessica added.

Eric suddenly jumped up on his chair and made a surfing motion, "and I don't just surf the Internet." He stated with a large smile.

"Eric, you stood up once," Jessica started, taking a bite of her salad, "and it was a foam board."

"But there's whale watching too." Angela looked at the twins with hope in her eyes. "Come with us."

Aiden stayed silent, staring at the table and Bella noticed, raising her eyebrows at him. She went to ask if he was okay but was cut off by Eric, "La Push, baby. It's... La Push."