Tactical Choice

Location: Your House

You were sitting in your traditional room with shōji (Japanese sliding door) slid open, overlooking your yard.  Your house was a mixture of traditional and modern architecture, with the yard and nearby rooms traditional and the other side of the house modern. Looking at multiple advertisement pamphlets from different high schools in the dim orange light of the setting sun, you were sitting cross-legged on a pillow in your "happy sunshine volleyball" shirt and dark blue shorts.

 Looking at multiple advertisement pamphlets from different high schools in the dim orange light of the setting sun, you were sitting cross-legged on a pillow in your "happy sunshine volleyball" shirt and dark blue shorts

^the shirt^

With a slight frown, you stared outside before returning your gaze to multiple pamphlets. You closed your eyes and lean back basking in the setting sun.

(Y/N): "Siiiigh"

After that somber moment, you quickly slapped your face with both hands, to focus on the task before you.

(Y/N): "Well then, it's time"

With a determined face, you started picking pamphlets one by one checking what each school offers.

(Y/N): "Although there is still time till the end of the junior high since I have no team therefore nothing to do, I might already do it. It is time to choose a high school!!"

(Y/N): "Let's get to it. First in the line is..... Shiratorizawa."

(Y/N): "They are best in the prefecture, they have Ushiwaka the best spiker in the league..... Do they have to have everything the best?  Sigh, they are really good but from what I heard entrance exam is pretty difficult. But more importantly, I don't think I would fit in. They search for great players that embody the ideal of simple strength, while I'm more of a tactical player that enjoys new and unexpected things. Well for now I will put them aside."

(Y/N): "Next is..... Aoba Johsai"

(Y/N): "Well, they are the second powerhouse in Miyagi and all-around very solid team. They have great players and a strong reputation. All in all, they are a great choice. But there's also Oikawa."

(Y/N): "It's not that I don't like him, I mean he is a great player. I admire his devotion and leadership. Also despite not being a genius his abilities, gained from hard work, are on another level. He is capable of quickly connecting with other players and drawing the best in them, because of that ability of his I think I could work well with him. But..... I don't think I could stand him outside of the court. While playing confident and calculated, and once outside he becomes a flirty airhead, who sometimes acts as he regressed to a child.  I mean it's not that bad, he is a chick magnet, it's just this huge disparity between his on-court personality and out the court. Also, he was in Kitagawa First, so current third-years will probably mostly go there, maybe even The King...."

(Y/N): "For now let's move to another school. Next is...... Date Tech High."

(Y/N): "From what I know they are not for me. A bunch of tall players that focus on blocking. It's simple and effective. But it's really too simple. With a focus on blocking, you of course will gain points but without a fully-fledged and dependable attack, you can easily lose your footing against a team with an extremely strong attack and tricky tactics. From what I heard there is another team similar to them, but with a strong attack. Well then, they are not for me, so onto the next one."

(Y/N): "Wakutani Minami...... Well, besides them being the fourth powerhouse there's not much to go on about them.  I only know that they have pretty good players and solid receivers. I wonder how good they actually are."

(Y/N): "Next is...... Johzenji. Hmmm, from what I can gather they were once extremely strong, some say they even defeated Shiratorizawa once in the past. But in recent years, they seem to be pretty average. At least they have a legacy."

(Y/N): "Do I have any more pamphlets? Let's see....."

While rummaging through the pile of advertising pamphlets you noticed one that took your interest.

(Y/N): "What's this..... Torino?...... No that's not right...... Karasuno? Yes, this is it....."

(Y/N): "Wait, wasn't Karasuno that one team with that one famous coach? Coach Ukai if remember correctly.  He was the one that led Karsuno to nationals at one point. They also had someone called Small Giant. He was an ace player despite his smaller stature.  Very interesting...."

You said with a smirk and drop the last pamphlet on the pile while looking outside. Then you stood up dusted yourself and started stretching. 

(Y/N): "Well, for now, there's no point in worrying too much about it. I'll decide in due time."

(Y/N): "Now, to not get rusty, I need some training. Let's see..... Running to build up stamina and some leg muscles....... Some weight lifting to build up general body shape and strength...... Weighted hand stretch pulling to create more power in spikes...... Jumping, squatting, and leg press to strengthen leg power and jumping ability...... Target practice to perfect my serves..... And a good diet....."

(Y/N): "Then let's get to it."

You said that, and immediately run out to train

And so you spend your remaining days in Junior High by hanging out with friends, training, learning. observing, and as the end of the school year came you bid farewell to your friends and set off towards your new school.

And when the destined day came you approach the school building, ready to start a new part of your life in...............

.........Karasuno Highschool

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, it's you again

If you decided to read this, then I hope you liked it 

So......

Bye for now.....

Hope you have a good day