Part 4

My heart racing, face in shock. Did my sister just leave me a message? I quickly put in my password. Rushing to see if this is real. I open it up to see the same message "voicemail from Sasha" I click on it and hold my phone close to my chest as she quietly speaks to me "Peter... what will it take for you to come back? I... I miss you so much. I need you here, with me. We all do. I can help you, and we could go away from this mess, just the two of us. To take a break from it all and just heal. But I'm falling apart without you here to keep me safe... Peter I'm dying. Bruce told me not long ago, and it's true... just come be with me. I love you more than anything, all I need is you" I heard her voice break as she started to cry. With the message coming to an end, another tear fell down to my cheek.

Hearing her voice lifted me up. Knowing that she was still alive brought me calm after the storm. My head softly falling to my chest, my eyes closing, I sighed in relief. "She's alive" quietly came out of my mouth. Her gentle voice swayed through my head. My soul finally calm as this peaceful moment flew through my room.

The rain coming to an end outside as the sun finally popped through the clouds. The bright light flowing into my room. The warm hues of sun hit my walls, turning the white walls into a cream color. The room colored like a sunny day, like a day I once loved.

My eyes opened as I realized that she was dying, I had been focused on the fact she was still alive that those words flew past my brain. I quickly realized that I had to go help her. I placed my phone down onto the gray bed that had been lit up by the sun. I open my closet door and pick up a small red duffle bag. My suit resting on the floor, torn up, it reminded me of who I am. I reluctantly pick it up and place it inside of the bag. I knew that I would have to stitch up my suit, but there was no time for such a matter. Not knowing if I had the strength to help and protect others yet, I had to worry about this later. I grabbed my phone and the bag, I head to the front of the old cabin.

I dial Aunt May's phone number as I grab my shoes. I know that she had been worried about me and I knew she would be glad to hear my voice, for all she knew- I was dead. I tie my shoes as I hear her voice "This is May, leave a message" My phone resting on the couch beside me, I do exactly that. I leave a message "Hey Aunt May, it's Peter. Look I know I've worried you a ton these past few months but I really need help. I thought Sasha was dead but she left me a message today. She wants us to go somewhere away from this chaos. I thought that maybe I could come over to your apartment and we could find a place for just me and her to stay for a while? Well, I'm headed over now. Love you May." My shoes now tied, I stand up and adjust my hoodie. I head over to the pantry to pick up a snack. Opening a small bag of chips, I check to make sure I have everything I need in my bag. "I'm finally leaving this wretched place" I said with pure joy. This house had tortured me with past memories and reminded me of what could never be. Well I'm finally proving it wrong and changing all of that.

As I finish eating the last of the chips, my phone rings. Seeing that it was my dear Gwen- I answer it. She speaks as I don't know what to say "Peter... Pete, um... I-I got some bad news" My heart raced, I stand still with my duffle bag and phone in my hands. "A-aunt May is... she's gone, Peter. Im so sorry. I want... I can... If I could... Im sorry, I can't do this" I drop my duffle bag as she speaks those depressing words.

I fall to my knees as she hangs up. In shock, my eyes widen. My eyes trying to hold back tears. My head too heavy to hold up. The words "Aunt May is gone" replay in my head. The tears now stronger than my eyes. They flow down my face without a sign of ever stopping. I throw off my shoes and curl into a ball on the old couch. My head now resting on my crossed arms. Memories of Aunt May show in my head. How she always loved me, even when I had left. My head frozen in time. Was Aunt May really gone from this world? It felt easier to pretend she was still here, but I knew the truth. The lady who raised me had been erased from this world. As my head stumbles back up, a few words fall from my lips "How can Aunt May be gone?" Time passed like a blink of an eye.

Before I knew it, the sun had fallen to show the moon's beauty. The beauty that the moon had stolen from the sun, stealing its light and pretending its their own. But the truth is, the moon reflects that light from the sun. Was it really stealing it, or was it sharing the sun's light with others when the sun wasn't around? Did the sun want the moon to share its light? Did it consent that the moon could use its light? Many see the moon as a saint, but what if the sun didn't?

My eyes grew sore, they had been used to me crying but not like this. A deep pain buried in my chest, it grew as my heart sunk. My head now screaming at me, telling me that Aunt May died because of me. If I hadn't tried to leave, If I had just stayed content with this life, stayed in this prison I had created, maybe she would still be breathing. My chest now heavier than ever, feeling like some sort of curse had been placed on me.

I walked over to the kitchen, pacing back and forth as I dialed a number that brought me happiness. A voice that always soothed the storm. A person who cared about me like no other. He finally picked up "Mr.Stark? Aunt May... She-she" his angelic voice filled the kitchen as I continued to pace "kid...kid please. I-I know, but just tell me. Tell me where you are. I'll come get you. I promise I'll take you somewhere safe... just tell me" My pacing became rapid as I responded "I cant sir. If I leave, more people will die... what if you-" My voice broke, not being able to handle the idea of losing him "What if you died?" My pacing came to an end as he replied "Don't worry about me Pete. Just tell me where you are" My head fell, knowing that I didn't deserve his love. That I wasn't worthy of his dedication. "I'm sorry sir" I whispered as I hung up. The thought of how I disappointed him, how I failed everyone, those intrusive thoughts creeped inside my head once again.

My body grew violent, my heart beating faster than ever before "I'm not worth it!" I yell as I pick up the picture of me, Tony, and Sasha. "Why do I fail at everything!?" I threw the photo that meant so much to me at the wall that faces me. The glass shattering across the floor. The picture laying there with glass surrounding it. The frame now broken and in pieces. I stomp back over to the couch and filled my duffel bag, dragging it to my room.

I shove it back in my closet, slamming the door. I pull my Stark hoodie over my head and toss it to the closed closet door. I fall onto my bed and bury my head deep inside my pillow. I force my eyes to close as my body gives up. I pass out, sprawled on my bed. Wishing that I could turn back time. My body shivers, no blankets on me. My body only covered by my binder and my shorts. My shoulders shiver, legs twitching, hands freezing, nose like an icicle. The harsh winds of the forest blow through this old house.

Fond memories of May play in my head as I sleep. I hear her voice call out to me- a familiar tone in my head telling me to cover my frozen body. The sweetness of her voice, from the back of my head, wakes me up. I notice that my body feels like an iceberg. I grab the blanket that rests on the end of my bed. I bundle up, heat welcomed back to my body. I slowly drift to sleep.