Part 11

My eyes open to see clouds. I had fallen asleep with my head facing the window. The cold glass pressed up against my face, pulled away when I lifted my head.

"How much longer?" I asked as I yawned.

"About 2 more hours" Gwen replied in a concerned tone.

A few minutes pass and I daydream of the man in my dreams, longing to be in his arms once more. My brain had pulled an awful trick by pulling me away from him. I haven't truly interacted with another human in months, that dream was all I had.

His name was on the tip of my tongue. Was it two syllables or one? Every time I got close to figuring it out, it felt like my memory was erased. I felt so close to remembering him but then I would be left in the dark.

Everything changed so quickly, one moment I was ready to be in the stars and in the next I was in a plane with my sister.

I couldn't help but be confused, this had to be a dream. Just another trick that my head is pulling. Maybe some part of me didn't want to die so I dreamed of this? Dreamed of seeing my friends who were more like family. Was this all just a sign to not give up?

I turned my gaze to Sasha, she was staring at me while I daydreamed.

"Do you- do you remember me dating a man?" I started by gesturing features while the images in my head were merely a puzzle, I squinted to try to remember more "Dark brown hair... uh- chocolate brown eyes?" I asked with a glimpse of hope.

Confusion arose on her face "No... why?"

I shook my head in disappointment. I sat in silence for the rest of the flight. I couldn't bare to speak of what happened to me, dream or no dream.

When we finally arrived at the compound, bright blue lights emerged from the seventh floor windows. We rushed up to see Hollie, who was glowing and floating.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked Dr.Banner, he just shook his head.

Something was definity wrong but we had no clue what to do.

Sasha held my shoulder and led me to another room. She explained what she was going to do in order to get the writing off my wrist.

I layed down on the creaky hospital bed as she gave me the anesthesia. I could hear strange words coming from Hollie's room but I was already falling asleep.

A strange thing happened, my eyes were closed and I was passed out but I could still feel and see everything. I felt it when Sasha started the procedure, but it didn't feel like her hands. The hands operating were bigger and more masculine.

I could feel my arm twitch, my heart slowed as my arm twitched more. My skin felt like it was boiling, like it was on fire. What felt like forever soon came to a close. My eyes opened as soon as the anesthesia wore off and my arm stopped twitching, it felt like I was more in control than the medication.

I lifted my left arm to see that the devilish words were gone. A few scars still rested on the surface from my attempts but the words... the words were finally gone.

A few drops of hope sunk into the sea of my heart, before being eaten by piranhas. Snantched up by the cruel creature of the depths.

"This is a dream. This has to be a dream!" I screamed in agony. My heart started to race faster. I wouldn't accept this false hope.

"This is just a trick! I'm gonna wake up in the cabin again" I started to yell, denying this was reality.

I hugged Sasha tightly, not wanting to let go. "I don't know what's happening" I whispered in my little sister's ear.

Sasha returned the whisper "I love you so much"

I felt myself holding back tears "I love you more"

My head sunk into her shoulder "This just doesn't feel real" I took a few deep breaths before talking again "I just want to stay in this dream forever"

I see that my words bring pain to Sasha. The numbing memory of my dear sister dying plays in my head, over and over and over. Seeing those moments where I thought she died brought tears to my face, no matter how many times that barbaric scene plays.

"If I had just stayed, if I had just let you guys help me..." I whispered as my breath was shaking once more. I can see a growing and sharp pain in my sister, something more than she was letting off.

"You wouldn't have fell..." I don't know how she survived the fall, how she was still alive.

"I should have stayed with you" I mumbled.

I know things would have been different if I stayed with her. I think she would have passed away in the night and I would have blamed myself.

So maybe leaving was the best idea. Maybe... just maybe she's only alive because I left. Maybe that's why everyone I love is still alive. Maybe what I did was for the best, that log cabin may have been my prison but it protected the world. Sheltering a great threat that lay within the walls.

Those words may be off my wrist, but I'm still a danger, still a threat. A threat to my sisters life, to Mr.Stark's, to Gwen, to Banner, to everyone I love.

Even a threat to myself.