thirty.

*JUNGKOOK POV*

a frosty breeze whooshed past the ravenette as his head jerked back up from sleep. he had been resting in the lobby for two days straight while the others departed to find a hotel.

jimin and yoongi offered to invite him, but he declined the proposal claiming that he would not leave the hospital until taehyung was in better shape.

although the blue-haired male refused to be associated with him, jungkook still prioritized his health before anything else.

"i'm so exhausted," he uttered under his breath. he had no right to complain since the whole situation was pinned on him, but it was still quite burdening.

jungkook hissed at the abrupt sound of his phone's ringtone blaring across the lobby. he contemplated on throwing his phone against the wall after looking at the caller ID, but thinking rationally was the only option.

"hello?"

"jungkook?!" dokyeom panicked. "are you there?"

"what the hell do you want?" the ravenette deadpanned.

a cluttering noise from dokyeom's side of the call projected through the phone. he was not breathing in a fixed pattern and the tone of his voice gave off an anxious aura.

"your friend, seokjin, is going crazy!" dokyeom panted in the speaker of his cell. "he just randomly kicked me out of the house and locked all the doors and windows!"

the ravenette suppressed his desired laughter. it was the first time he felt a sense of pure satisfaction in the past few days.

"i know he did."

"what do you mean you know?!" the other exploded.

jungkook tilted his head. his facial expressions loosened before his voice came out as almost robotic.

"taehyung was telling the truth, wasn't he?"

"what?" dokyeom scoffed. his irritation easily traveled to jungkook even though they were in two different locations. "we're still on this taehyung bullshit? i thought we got rid of him."

the ravenette exhaled. all his separated thoughts leisurely pieced together at the words that spurred from dokyeom's mouth.

"you're not even denying it..."

"there's nothing to deny! we both agreed that taehyung is a pathological liar who tried to ruin our friendship. stop thinking about him!"

jungkook scrunched his forehead with his two fingers as he held onto his unreleased temper by a thread.

"he fucking attempted suicide a few days ago, you dumbass."

silence was brought upon dokyeom's end of the call. he stammered in response multiple times, yet his words articulated poorly.

"and h-how is that my fault?" he answered.

jungkook fought the urge to snarl. his disbelief was off the charts due to the words that left the younger's mouth. his vexation had reached the point of him suspecting the idea of killing dokyeom with his bare hands.