thirty three.

a year and four months later

taehyung visibly shivered in his three layers of clothing. the temperature had transitioned before one could catch it and the numbing cold was beyond comprehensible words.

he tightly clasped onto his phone so his trembling hands wouldn't cause him to lose his grip before he brought it closer to his ear.

"i've been feeling really bad lately," taehyung started.

"what's wrong?" jimin spoke from the other line.

taehyung rubbed his hands together to produce some sort of heat. in essence of the cold, he was also feeling a sense of sadness.

"it's just, you were so caught up with my dumb problems that we never really got to bond back when you visited here a few months ago."

the blue-haired male overheard jimin's breath hitch from the other line of the phone. the elder despised moments in which taehyung would downplay his mental stability.

"tae, i will always prioritize your mental health," he proclaimed. "don't ever think as your problems as unimportant. i'm coming back soon to visit, anyway."

"but still—"

the blonde's hiss silenced both sides of the phone line. he admired the consideration the blue-haired male had for others, but jimin just wished he distributed part of the consideration into himself, rather than undermining all his personal problems.

"i don't wanna hear you say anymore dumb shit, alright?" jimin inquired.

"fine." the younger exhaled in utter defeat.     his shivering decreased as his body grew more well-regulated to the drop of the weather.

"so, have you been speaking to any new boys recently?" jimin began.

taehyung stuffed his hands in his coat pockets and tilted his face upward. the clouds lingered above him and a dense array of fog caught his attention.

"yeah," he confirmed. "i'm actually on my way to get some coffee with jiwon."

"that dude you sent me a picture of yesterday? oh yeah, he's fucking hot," jimin admitted.

the blue-haired male sulked into a fit of bad feelings. "he's so intimidating, though! he sent me a few voice messages yesterday and my heart almost fell to my ass."

"okay? that means his voice is sexy!" the blonde exclaimed. "i'm just glad you've finally moved on from jungkook and started looking into new people."

taehyung's short breath hitched at jimin's statement. although he had lost all forms of contact with jungkook, he had yet to cross the bridge of neglecting the love they used to have.

once dokyeom's court trial ended with the two of them celebrating in triumph, the blue-haired male took the initiative and finally cut ties with him.

it was a gradual process, leaving taehyung with the responsibility of slowly growing distant from him. it was a damaging feeling as their conversations halted, but the blue-haired male knew it was for the best. he refused to deal with the burdening state of how badly jungkook hurt him.

"i mean, it's been a whole year. of course i'm over him," taehyung replied.

jimin's booming laugh slammed against the younger's eardrums. "oh, really?"

"yes..."

"then tell me why jiwon looks like an older version of jungkook?"

the blue-haired male turned his head to the side to revert his gaze from the phone, but the abrupt rosiness of his cheeks gave him away. his face felt like a steaming oven as jimin remained clueless on the other side of the line.

"n-no, he doesn't!"

"yes he does!" the elder argued back. "the only difference between them is jungkook probably has a way bigger dick than jiw—"

taehyung swiftly ended the phone call before wedging the device into his pocket. a wave of embarrassment overcame him knowing that jimin assumed that he was basing his type in men off jungkook.

his meetup with jiwon then became even more dreadful because thanks to jimin, taehyung now perceived him as a "jungkook 2.0."

"fuck," he muttered. "fuck."

after a few more minutes of his stroll, the blue-haired male finally stood outside the entrance of the coffee shop.

he exhaled, fully aware that he was on the solid threshold of embarrassing himself in front of jiwon.

"you're taehyung, right?"

the blue-haired male spun around at the deepened voicing of his name. he peeked up at a brown-haired, average looking male who ascended over him.

"hi, jiwon."

the aforementioned grinned, abrading his veiny fingers through taehyung's sapphire-blue hair. "your hair is way more blue in person."

taehyung fiddled with his fingers and anxiously rubbed his forearm in response. "i-i do plan on dyeing it blonde next week, so."

"that sucks," jiwon mentioned. "blue suits you pretty well."

the blue-haired male decided to take the upper hand as he clutched onto the handle and opened the shop's door for jiwon.

the brown-haired male chuckled in reply. "how about we just ditch the coffee and go to my place?"

taehyung's facial expression transitioned to a picture of mild disappointment. he bit his lip at jiwon's new choice of mind. "but i really wanted to try the new frappuccino they had out today..."

"oh, come on. i can't take no for an answer."
jiwon gently tugged on taehyung's shirt as his bottom lip jutted out in hopes of striking him as cute. "please."

ew, taehyung thought.

despite his feelings, the blue-haired male's face chose to split a phony smile as he internally downgraded his expectations for jiwon in the process. this is gonna suck.

"sure, i guess."

taehyung roamed to jiwon's car, completely unaware that he was partaking in a situation that would cause major upheaval in his life.

sorry for the slow updates, i've been busy. prepare yourselves for the next few chapters amen