Monday

Currently playing...Halloweenie (Ashnikko).

👠

1 year later.

Jisung sighed to himself when nobody turned up for lunch within the first five minutes. Changbin and Chan would be walking from their classes, but they were late in Jisung's eyes. Jisung hated to be the first to arrive at the canteen. The boys on the table behind him were throwing a football around, almost hitting one of the girls on the table in front of him. It sent his mind into turmoil. He shrunk in on himself when the girl shrieked at the top of her voice, turning around with fire in her eyes. She stared at Jisung first and he gulped, burying his head in his hands. When she realised it was the boys behind him who had thrown it, she charged over to them.

It felt like an eternity of screams and bellowing laughter passed before hands were placed on Jisung's shoulders with a kiss on his cheek. When he looked up, he saw Changbin sliding onto the bench beside him. "You ok?" He asked.

"Much better now," Jisung nodded as Changbin dropped his backpack onto the floor, under the bench beside Jisung's own. Changbin's bag was black and covered in badges. Jisung had a similar one in their previous year, but this year he'd traded it in for a baby pink one. His was covered in badges too, but while Changbin's were grunge styled and had the names of pop-punk bands on them, Jisung's were Mean Girls related or brightly coloured. "Where's Chan?"

"I don't know. He wasn't in music for the last half an hour. He had to go and do some head boy duties or something," Changbin shrugged, opening his bag of ready salted crisps and offering one to Jisung. He shook his head. Changbin popped one in his mouth. "What are you doing?" He asked, peering over at the homework sheet which lay on the cold, metal table in front of Jisung. None of it had been done.

"Suffering," Jisung groaned, dropping his head into his hands again. "It's math. I fucking hate maths."

Changbin chuckled, "come to mine after school. I'll help you study for that test we have tomorrow."

A smirk started to tug at Jisung's lips. He lifted his head from his hands and turned to Changbin who elbowed him in the side. "Get your head out of the gutter. You need to revise or you'll fail."

"We'll see," Jisung mumbled as two trays were placed on the table in front of them. Two. Usually it was just one. Jisung's head snapped up to see Chan, as usual, previously blond curls dyed dark brown and a charismatic smile on his lips. He looked like he usually did, baggy clothes and a little head boy badge pinned on his t-shirt. He was proud of that badge, especially after earning it when he'd only been in the school a year.

The second tray belonged to someone new. Someone Jisung hadn't seen before. It threw him off. He had a cute face, a little button nose with freckles splayed across his cheeks. His hair was blond like Chan's had been last year and he smiled just as wide as him. "Guys, this is Felix," Chan introduced as they both sat down on the bench. "He's from Australia like me. We used to go to primary school together and we were best friends."

"Oh wow. That's a coincidence," Changbin said, smiling at Felix as friendly as ever. He'd always been better with new people than Jisung had. Jisung often thought that if Changbin didn't have Jisung dragging him down, he'd be just as popular as Chan had become over the past year. That thought didn't preoccupy his mind for long when a much better one popped into his head though. "Nice to meet you. I'm Changbin and this is Jisung," he said, turning to his boyfriend before realising he had a familiar look on his face. The look he sported when he was about to make a Mean Girls reference but didn't know if he should. Chan saw it too and the two of them shared a look, knowing it was only a matter of seconds before-