Friday

Currently playing...Sexy (Mean Girls Broadway Musical/Karen Smith).

👠

For the past year, Chan, Changbin and Jisung had made a habit of going to a small bar in the middle of town every Friday. On Friday evenings, the bar held an open mic night where mostly university students would gather to share their poetry, music and other forms of verbal art. Chan, Jisung and Changbin were some of the only high school students who visited. Now Felix was added to that.

"What do you reckon he'll sing tonight?" Jisung asked, walking a few feet behind Chan and Felix with Changbin. His and Changbin's hands were interwined as they watched Felix and Chan laugh over a joke one of them had shared. Chan was the reason they went to the bar every Friday, he was the one they went to watch sing. He'd usually tell them what song he planned to perform on Monday, but this week he hadn't. "I reckon it's another love song. He always sings those."

Changbin smiled, "they're always your favourite."

"Because...sometimes it feels like he's singing to us," Jisung admitted, eyes falling to the ground when Changbin looked over at him. "I mean, like...he always looks at us when he sings and he smiles at us and stuff...I don't know."

"I get what you mean," Changbin nodded, turning his head back to look at Chan who was now smiling at Felix as if he was his world. He didn't know if he'd regret asking his boyfriend his next question, but it left his mouth before he could think about the possible consequences. "Do you ever think that maybe you can love more than one person?"

Jisung looked up. "You love somebody else?"

Changbin didn't think there was much point in lying. He shrugged. "Maybe. I obviously love you more than anything, but..." he looked over to make sure the pair in front of him couldn't hear. They were too busy laughing. "What if I love Chan too?"

Jisung let out a heavy exhale, "oh thank God. I thought it was only me who wondered that."

"Wait," Changbin paused on the spot. Jisung stopped with him. "Are you serious? You like Chan too?"

Jisung met Changbin's eyes. "Yeah but I think it's too late for that. Look at him-" he pointed at Chan who had intertwined his hand with Felix's. He pulled him into the bar they were supposed to enter together and disappeared from their view. "It took us too long to realise."

"It seems we only notice how we feel when a new person gets involved."

Jisung sighed, "yeah...do you think we're going to lose Chan?"

"No, of course not, but if he likes Felix... then things aren't going to be the same, are they?"

"I guess not. I don't think he will hug both of us at sleepovers when we go to sleep anymore..."

Changbin stepped forwards and pressed a kiss to Jisung's cheek. "Don't worry about that, ok? It's going to be-" he started until someone shouting their names cut him off. They both turned to see Chan standing by the entrance of the bar, beckoning them forward with his hand and a grin on his face. Changbin and Jisung plastered smiles on their faces and started to make their way towards the entrance of the bar.

"Cheer up, Sungie. You're going to love the song I'm singing tonight," Chan said when the two reached him. He could easily see through their forced smiles. He nudged Jisung shoulder, "I'm singing it just for you."

Jisung gulped, watching as Chan winked and went to join Felix. They sat at the usual table in the corner of the bar, out of the way of others so Jisung felt more comfortable. Jisung turned to Changbin. "He's singing a song for me?"