Thursday

Currently playing... Obsessed (Mariah Carey)

👠

Jisung was giggling when he arrived at school on Thursday. It was unexpected since math was his first lesson. When Chan and Changbin saw him, they both grew suspicious. "Are you ok? You haven't gone mad have you? I've never seen you happy to walk into maths class before," Changbin asked as Jisung started to unzip the backpack he'd dropped onto his lap.

"Nope," Jisung grinned. He reached for a hot pink book within his bag and dropped it onto the table in front of Changbin. Both he and Chan peered at it. "It's my burn book," he explained. The cover of the book was exactly the same as the one from the movie with the cut-out letters and random doodles around it.

"Holy shit, you had this when we were like thirteen," Changbin said, fingers running over the cover. Jisung had made it himself but he'd put so much effort into it that it was almost identical to the one from the movie.

"It's so cute," Chan commented, making a proud smile appear on Jisung's face.

"I haven't looked at it in years," Jisung said, scooping it into his arms and exchanging it for the maths book in his bag, "I'm going to look at it at lunchtime."

"Good, because we're about to get our test results back," Changbin nodded his head in the direction of their teacher. He was a nice man in his early fifties who always encouraged Jisung to do better instead of putting him down all the time like their last teacher. His name was Mr Kang.

"This might be your best work yet, Jisung," he commented when he placed Jisung's test in front of him. Jisung looked down to see a 30/50 written on the front page, a bright letter written in green to its side.

"A C?" He exclaimed, hands flinching away from the desk and covering his mouth. He looked to the side and saw Changbin had an A and Chan and A*. "Changbin, I got a C!" He said, rapidly tapping the other boy's shoulder. Changbin looked down at his paper and chuckled, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"I knew you could do it."

"Hey, high five!" Chan held up his hand and Jisung hit it with his own, a proud grin consuming his face. "How did Changbin get you from a F to almost an C so quickly?"

Jisung and Changbin shared a look and then giggled among themselves. "Secret," they both agreed.

-

Jisung was still giddy with excitement when he, Changbin, Chan and Felix made their way onto the school field that lunchtime. They sat in the corner of it like they had the day prior, where Jisung preferred to be. It was cold with a cloudy sky, but Jisung's smile was doing a good job at cheering everyone up. He unzipped his bag, pulled out the pink, ring-bound notebook and dropped it onto the grass in the middle of the four.

"Holy shit, you have a burn book?" Felix asked as Jisung shoved his bag to the side.

"Yeah, I made it."

"Made it?" Felix's asked, hands tracing over the black designs, "but it looks so... so accurate?"

"He spent ages on it. I swear for a week straight all he did was decorate this book," Changbin said as Jisung opened the burn book to its first page. In messy, pink and attempted cursive handwriting, Jisung had written 'MY BURN BOOK, BUT I'M NOT MEAN LIKE REGINA GEORGE.'

Chan smiled, "the kindest person in the world's favourite film is Mean Girls. Who would have figured?"

Jisung rolled his eyes, "I'm not the kindest person in the world." Before Chan could insist he was, which he inevitably would, Jisung turned to the next page of the book. There was a picture of a white bunny in what appeared to be Jisung's garden. The name 'REGINA' was written in block capitals across the top in pink and purple alternating colours. At the bottom, it said 'my bunny!' in a smaller, prettier handwriting style.