Wednesday

Currently playing... Pink (Girli)

👠

Jisung stared into the full-length mirror on his wardrobe door. The dark brown piece of furniture was built into the wall of his room and took up the entire width, but it still wasn't very big. The rest of the room was cramped, only enough room for Jisung to stand between the mirror and the edge of his single bed that was pushed up against the wall. The curtains over the window above his bed were open but the sun was never on his side of the house in the morning. Besides the clothes, books and empty bottles strewn over his floor, there wasn't much else in his room.

He kept staring at himself, ready to leave for high school but something was holding him back. Something he didn't think he'd ever be able to leave the house in. It was Wednesday, the day he wore pink. He'd put on a pink t-shirt, a pastel one with a cartoon drawing of strawberry milk on the front of it. A denim jacket was pulled over the top with a pink heart pin on the front pocket. It was a fairly normal outfit for Wednesday... Normal if he ignored the baby pink mini skirt over his legs.

"Jisung, hurry up if you want a lift to school," his mother knocked on his bedroom door.

Jisung jumped, hand clutching at his chest. "Just a second!" He shouted, kneeling on the floor and pulling open the draw he kept his jeans in. He discarded the skirt on the floor as quickly as he could, pulling on some light blue jeans instead and picking up his school bag on the way out of the room.

-

"Where's Changbin?" Jisung asked after he, Chan and Felix had been sitting at the canteen table for nearly ten minutes. The two were absorbed in their own conversation while Jisung's muscles tensed, trying to block out the loud voices and persistent screams of the over-excitable teenagers around him. He wanted Changbin. He wanted to lean his head on his shoulder while Changbin held his hand and told him he looked pretty like he did every Wednesday and most days that weren't Wednesday too.

"Oh...I don't know. I think he said something about extra science revision at lunchtime today?" Chan said, attention pulled away from Felix when he noticed Jisung's familiar expressions, the anxious ones, bottom lip pulled between his teeth while his eyes flitted around the room. Chan got up from the bench he was sitting on and walked around the other side of the table, sitting down next to Jisung. "Are you ok? We can go and find Changbin if you need to," he offered.

"No, no. I just um...it's loud. Very loud."

"Do you want to go outside? We can sit on the field," Chan suggested, taking Jisung's hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of it. Jisung nodded and soon the three of them were standing up, making their way towards the canteen doors. Chan didn't drop Jisung's hand as they walked. It wasn't crossing a boundary; the two held hands all the time and Changbin never objected. It was just how things had grown to be.

Chan, Felix and Jisung found a peaceful place in the corner of the field, away from the group of boys that were playing football. Jisung once asked Chan why he doesn't play with them at lunch. Chan said he much prefers spending his time with Jisung and Changbin. He sat close to Chan on the grass and let out a sigh, picking a few daisies from the ground, collecting them in his lap. He planned to make a daisy chain.

"I wore pink for you today," Chan said, playfully knocking Jisung's shoulder. He looked up and scanned Chan's outfit. He couldn't see any pink. "Shoelaces," Chan explained, wiggling around his white trainers that had light pink laces through the holes, almost white as if they'd gone the wrong colour in the wash. Jisung shook his head.

"That's barely noticeable."

"Oh, you actually wear pink on Wednesday?" Felix asked, sat across from the two. "That's pretty cool! I'll join you next week."

Mean Girls 2 - 3RachaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara