f o u r t e e n

Welcome back to Seabrook, everyone, where belonging is everything. We're a strong, united, and tight-knit community. And that's a good thing 'cause it wasn't always this way. There was a time when we had to protect ourselves.

Legend has it that when the first settlers came to Seabrook, they found wild beasts with sharp claws lurking in the forest- which sparked an epic battle. Seabrook settlers bravely fought off the monstrous attack and discovered a powerful energy source. Realizing they discovered a precious resource, they safeguarded it from the beasts. They weren't going to let anyone steal their treasure. So, they hid it. And the town prospered and grew rich by harnessing the precious energy source.

Seabrook benefited greatly as it grew strong, happy, and unified. The beasts were a distant memory. Seabrook forgot monsters could be real. Until clearly, they were. A little lime soda mixed with a dash of industrial strength Seabrook energy... And boom! Zombies were created. In a lot of ways, Seabrook's moved on since then. But it's hard to bury your past.

Wearing hot pink leggings and a pink t-shirt with the words 'Seabrook cheer' on them, the cheerleaders ran through the banner. "Cheer Camp! Even more sparkly than I dreamed." Bree squealed at the white-haired sisters, two of three running ahead than the last.

Welcome back, you lot. I'm Ariel- I hope you remembered that much. This is Cheer Camp, the place everyone belongs. We are a new and improved unified squad...most of the time.

"Split up!" The loud voice of her cousin distracted Ariel. She ran back over to the group, standing opposite Addison. Bucky ran through, flipping and smiling at everyone. They all cheered his name, clapping giddily.

Bucky, our cousin. Cheer captain and resident jerk.

Bucky silenced the crowd, preparing to speak as he stood beside Shrimpy, the team's mascot. "You've all heard the stories of bloodthirsty monsters who roam these woods, feasting on innocent
cheerleaders." Bucky began, before getting cut off by the Acey's jumping out from behind Bree and Bonzo, scaring the pair. Ariel rolled her eyes. They weren't scary, nor were the stories about the wolves.

"Well, those stories are just silly make believe. But you'd better believe we're gonna break you down and build you back up into peppy little cheer machines like... Lacey! Stacey! And our most recent Acey, Jacey." Bucky exclaimed, introducing the Acey's. Ariel wondered where Tracey had gone but didn't voice her question. She clapped politely as her cousin introduced the trio, clapping harder for her favourite and the kindest Acey, Lacey.

"I'm Kevin. Right. We changed my name to Jacey, which I love by the way" Jacey, also going as Kevin said awkwardly, glaring at Bucky, before walking off to join the girls.

"Long live the Acey's! You three lead the veterans, you're the A-team." He said to the trio, guiding them to the A-team. "Addison, Ariel, you take the newbies. You're the, uh, you're the Z-team." They were handed neon green vests, pulling them over their heads. The groups moved to stay in their areas, all waiting for Bucky to tell them what to do.

"Zombies, this is obviously your first cheer camp. Now, I'm not anti-change, I'm just pro keeping things the way they are, because you don't mess with success. This week, the veterans and the newbies will compete for the Cheer Camp Cup to see who is more cheertastic! The veterans have always won the Cheer Camp Cup, right Acey's?" Bucky explained to the two teams, before turning to the Acey's for their input.

"Right!" The trio cheered, smiling smugly.

"We'll see about that." Addison grinned, challenging the other team.

"To the cheer course!" Bucky ordered. The Acey's ran ahead, turning slightly to the white-haired pair.

"Watch and learn, snowballs." Lacey sneered, leading the group away.

Ah yes, the hair. Still white, still well-conditioned, and still drawing fire from the Acey's. They'd be bloody thankful to have hair like ours.

"Double A's, get those pom-poms pumping." Bucky yelled. The girls turned to their team, cheering.

"Let's show 'em that we got this." Addison yelled, as Ariel led them away. They grabbed their pompoms and stepped onto the cheer stage.

"We're back here on the scene and everyone's together. With zombies on the team it's better than ever, better than ever!" Addison led the singing, Ariel and everyone else joining in as they moved their pompoms along to the music.

"Those moves won't get the gold. Green hair is so whatever! Well, you'll never break the mold. 'Cause we're better than ever, better than ever!" Bucky and the Acey's sang, the A-team doing their routines.

On the next day of the challenge week, the groups had then been led onto the beach area, where each team had to get through the obstacle course. Everybody sang, the A-team doing better than the Z-team at the challenge.

Later that day, the teams had lined up, getting pompoms for the challenge. "Hey, we got this! Teaming up to make progress; change the rules, you can't stop this, together we rise, you know we got this. Hey, we got this! Teaming up to make progress; change the rules, you can't stop this, together we rise, you know we got this!" Everyone had been given the standard pompoms, but the Acey's had given Addison an odd-looking pair. Ariel leaned over in curiosity, raising a brow. Addison explained what they were, infuriating Ariel.

Bucky walked out, being given some type of lemonade. The Acey's grinned smugly, showing that the A-team was in the lead. Bucky lay down on a sun bed, arrogantly sipping on his drink. Addison looked between the 'pompoms' and the Acey's in horror, Bree looking curiously at Addison from behind Ariel, who instead was seething in rage.

"The last day of Cheer Camp, and our final challenge! Zombies, your unique squad would have to crush the course record towin. So not happening." Bucky gestured to the stage that led to a climbingwall, which led to a zipline course and a tightrope challenge, which both ledto the bell-the winning sign. Bucky clapped his hands, ushering the A-team tobegin. They clapped back at the captain, before running off to get intoposition.