t w e n t y - s i x

Everyone had gotten ready for Prawn, but Ariel, Addison, and Bree were sat alone at a table, sulking over the fact that their would-be date fits into the anti-monster law. "This is so sad." Bree said, resting her head on her palm.

"Very sad." Ariel nodded.

"Incredibly." Addison agreed.

It all changed when the doors were thrown open, a hoard of Zombies and Werewolves walking through into the gym, all in formal wear.

"Bonzo!" Bree yelled happily, as the zombie boy spoke to her in his natural tongue, "Yes. I'll go to Prawn with you!"

Ariel saw Wyatt with the wolves, quickly pointing Addison in Zed's direction before running to Wyatt and the wolves. "Hey, wolf-boy." Ariel smiled sweetly, looking up at the wolf boy in front of her.

"Hiya, white-hair." Wyatt responded, twirling one of the girl's hairs round his finger, "Go to Prawn with me?"

"Obviously." Wyatt leaned down, smiling, before pecking the girl on the lips. The group then watched as Addison talked with Zed before dancing together. When they were near kissing, the ground began to shake, causing panic between the people. Everyone was running around frantically, but Ariel grabbed onto the wolves, helping them all stay secure.

"You're supposed to protect your president!" Ariel heard Bucky loudly exclaim, causing the girl to quietly laugh to herself at her cousin's antics. The wolves followed behind Zed and Addison, trailing the multitude of cracks left in the floor of the school. Once it was all over, Ariel stared down at the opened floor, open-mouthed.

"The energy from the moonstone must've created the fault line. If we follow this crack, it may lead us to the moonstone." Zed exclaimed as he and Addison moved closer.

"So it's only buried and not destroyed." Addison grinned, before moving back as the ground began to shake once more.

"We have to get to it." Wynter stated, before Willa darted forward, saying:

"Quickly, while we still can." She jumped down first, followed by Wyatt, Ariel, Wynter and the rest of the wolves. "It's this way. I see the light. It's coming from Seabrook Power. Here it is!" The tunnel was a hazy blue, rocky and constantly shaking. The moonstone was large and looked heavy. All wolves pulled their moonstone necklaces off, pushing it to the main moonstone and recharging their necklaces.

They placed their necklaces back around their necks, their eyes glowing bright. The ground began to shake violently, the wolves clinging onto the moonstone. Ariel paled, holding onto Wyatt for safety. "We have to move it out of here. It's not safe!" Ariel yelled out.

"Legend says that together, our pack can move the stone." Wyatt told her, grabbing onto the moonstone. Even though Ariel wasn't a wolf, and instead just a devoted ally, she grabbed onto the moonstone, ready to try and lift.

"All of us, lift!" Willa shouted, prompting everyone to try to lift and carry the moonstone.

"It's too heavy!" Wynter whined when everyone couldn't manage to carry it.

"There's not enough of us." Willa noticed, saying it in complaint.

"Then maybe you need to expand your pack." The other white-haired sister appeared, leading in a group of Zombies and humans.

"Addison?" Willa said, awed at the girl.

"We came here to help. Come on, everyone. We got this! Right. Hurry, before it's too late! Together, lift!" Addison ordered, getting everyone to grab onto the moonstone, lifting it up. They were successfully carrying it, getting closer to the exit before the ground shook again, the exit getting closed over, trapping everyone inside.

"Chamber's collapsed. We can't carry the moonstone through." Wyatt noted, staring defeatedly at the collapsed exit. Eliza looked down at Zed's wrist, seeing the still broken Z-band.

"Your Z-band, it's still broken. Zed, take it off. Lift the slab. Okay, Zed, you can do this." Eliza told the zombie-boy, who shook his head, not believing he could do it.

"I'm not ready. What if I can't control it?" Addison moved forward, comforting the nervous zombie.

"Zed, you have to." Zed ripped off the Z-band at Addison's words, roaring loudly. Everyone cheered, happy that the boy was controlling it.

"Come on, you can do this." Addison cheered happily, motivating her boyfriend. He moved forward, easily moving the slab of rock aside, letting everyone holding onto the moonstone make their way past him, before letting go of the slab.

In a cloud of dust, nobody could tell if Zed made it out okay. "Zed!" Addison exclaimed, rushing to the front of the group as everyone else stared on in worry. Ariel also moved forward, grabbing onto her sister's hand to attempt to ease her nerves. There was suddenly a green light, a light Ariel knew was from a Z-band.

Emerging from the dust, smiling, was Zed. He smiled at Addison, who raced forward, pulling him into a hug. "Zed! Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Zed smiled, hugging the girl close to him, "I'm me."

As usual, Wynter had something to say in excitement. She jumped up and down, exclaiming: "We crushed it! We nailed it! We so rock! Yes!" Before turning to Willa, embarrassed, "Too much?" Willa shook her head, laughing.

"Perfect."

Ariel went over to Wyatt, a smile on her face. "What now, Wolfie?" She asked, earning a shrug from the boy beside her.

"We take the moonstone back to the school, we return to prom, we dance. Simple." Wyatt smirked, nudging the girl playfully in her sides.

"Say 'brains.'" Eliza grinned at Zed and Addison, holding up a tablet.

"Brains!" The pair smiled, holding each other close as Eliza took their photo.

"We're getting our first zombie on the Prawn wall of fame." Eliza said, looking down at the photo before showing the others the image. The wolves howled, before the zombies and humans also joined in. Bonzo's howl was arguably the best, as many noticed his impressive howl.

"Hey, you said that perfectly." Wyatt chuckled, looking over at Bonzo. Bree giggled at his words.

"Bonzo's got an ear for languages." She said, proud of her boyfriend.

"Can we go back to Prawn now? My legs are killing."