𝟏𝟖

𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨.

𝗠𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗶, 𝗙𝗟. - 𝟴:𝟯𝟮𝗔𝗠.
𝗞𝘆𝗮.
☆ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☆

"Out of everything you've been through what is the one thing you think is holding you back from being happy?" She repeatedly tapped her pen on her notebook

"My mom" I mumbled.

"Tell me about her" She smiled.

"She was never happy. How can I be happy when I don't know how to be? The only emotions I've ever witnessed in my house was anger and depression" I shrugged.

"And why was your mom always depressed?" She asked.

"She suffered with depression. Half the time she was hurting herself instead of caring for me" I shrugged.

"I'm sorry to hear that" She mumbled.

"It is what it is"

"Do you think because she didn't care for you, you have trouble caring for others?"

"Hell yea. I hate it too" I sighed.

"Why do you hate it?" She stared at me.

"Because it ain't fair that they care for me and I'm not doing the same. Like my boyfriend, I wanna be there for him but when I do I feel like I'm being annoying" My voice cracked.

"Because you caring for your mom made her mad correct?" She asked and I nodded.

"All I wanted was to be a shoulder for her to cry on. She used to get so mad everytime I tried to be there for her and now I'm just like that.. Pushing people away when all they wanna do is help" I sniffed.

She grabbed her tissue box handing it to me but I declined.

"Ion need it" I shook my head.

"Let me ask you something Kya." I looked up staring at her.

"Do you think crying is a sign of weakness?" She asked and I kept quiet.

"Nothing is wrong with crying. Starting today I want you to start talking about how you feel and crying when you need to. Now, if you don't want to talk about your problems to people you're close to that is fine, writing in a journal is a start" She explained.

"Can I type instead? All that writing gon irritate me" I frowned.

"Whatever works for you" She smiled and I nodded.