Chapter 1011 - 1015

Reborn Aristocrat: Return of the Vicious Heiress - Chapter 1011

Chapter 1011: What Can an Incompetent Lass Do?

Ning Shuqian pushed and nudged Wen Haowen. Just as he was feeling overjoyed thinking that he had finally succeeded, she glared at him sultrily and chided. “Stop whispering sweet nothings to me. I have something serious to ask you about.”

Feeling a little disappointed, Wen Haowen asked, “What’s the matter?”

Ning Shuqian said, “Madam Zhang told me to ask you about the progress of the entertainment city.”

Madam Zhang was another patient living in the nursing home who had been diagnosed with depression because she could not take the emotional blow from her husband’s and son’s demise that had resulted from a fatal car accident. However, her condition was not too severe.

The proposal that Wen Haowen had submitted to the shareholders was given by Madam Zhang.

The mention of the entertainment city caused a sullen expression to form on Wen Haowen’s face. “The proposal I raised during the board meeting has been approved.”

Although he had already gotten intimate with Ning Shuqian, he was still resentful, disgusted and suspecting towards her.

After reading through the proposal about the entertainment city, he was extremely tempted and excited. Since he had already been utterly embarrassed and had his reputation ruined by the exposure of his adulterous affair and Yang Ziyu’s pregnancy revelation, he felt this was the perfect opportunity for him to make a comeback.

Everyone knew that the entertainment industry was currently the most lucrative one. Although there were various entertainment joints in the nation, there had not been such a large-scale development before. He could imagine the glory and benefits that he would receive should the entertainment city really be built. It would mean that he had the best weapon for building his wealth.

However, he did not let the proposal overrule his rationality and decided to still be on his guard.

He then asked Ning Shuqian about the origin of the proposal, for he did not believe that she would be able to come up with such a flawless proposal based on her own abilities.

After hearing her explanation, he found out about Madam Zhang, the wife of a deceased wealthy American-born-Chinese businessman who had returned to China with the purpose of investing in the development of an entertainment city. Unfortunately, he and his son died in a car accident and as a result, the grief-stricken Madam Zhang developed depression and admitted herself to the nursing home after inheriting the wealth left behind by her husband.

Ning Shuqian had obtained that proposal from Madam Zhang.

Wen Haowen was still a little apprehensive about her words.

Hence, he secretly sent someone to check up on Madam Zhang’s background, only to realize that Ning Shuqian was speaking the truth.

Hence, Wen Haowen was completely tempted by the proposal.

He then began getting in touch with Madam Zhang, who unfortunately refused to speak to anyone except Ning Shuqian. Hence, he had no choice but to use Ning Shuqian to get closer to Madam Zhang.

Ning Shuqian sat on the bed and placed Wen Haowen’s head on her lap, after which she caressed and massaged his head with her tender hands. “What does Old Mr. Wen think of this? He holds 25% of the Wen Corporation’s shares and he’s currently still the chairman of Wen Corporation. If he doesn’t agree, we probably won’t be able to carry out the plan successfully.”