Chapter 1041 - 1045

Reborn Aristocrat: Return of the Vicious Heiress - Chapter 1041

Chapter 1041: The Commencement of the Board Meeting

The board of directors comprised of the company’s high-level executives and senior management staff who were in charge of the company’s affairs and decisions. They could also be said to be the spokespeople of the shareholders.

The board of directors would carry out the decisions made by the shareholders.

Due to the fact that the board meeting would directly impact the development of the entertainment city and the setting up of a new department, the board meeting was elaborate and large. More than 30 shareholders were present, amongst which some were more powerful and authoritative compared to the rest. They were all on Qian Jianhui’s side.

Unlike the shareholders who were rather agitated, the directors remained calm and quiet. They did not utter a single word even when the shareholders made things difficult for Wen Xinya.

After all, the shareholders were the ones who invested in the corporation and held immeasurable power. It was not something that the directors could intervene.

Everyone heaved a sigh of relief after Wen Haowen announced the commencement of the board meeting.

Wen Haowen presented a report about the entertainment city.

Wen Xinya had noticed that the shareholders were rather enthusiastic and in approval of the entertainment city while the directors did not seem too interested or pleased.

Wen Haowen then suggested that they set up a new department and hire more employees.

The shareholders did not have much of a comment or opinion about his proposal because all they cared about was whether or not it could bring the company more money and give them the chance to receive a bonus for their share.

However, the directors and staff did not quite agree to it because they would be the ones seeing to the arrangements and getting involved in the management.

“I disagree. I don’t have any objections about the setting up of a new department, but I don’t think we should hire new employees. Wen Corporation is a major enterprise where all of the employees are elites who have been selected after various rounds of elimination. If we hire new employees, there will be a mismatch and imbalance in the competency level. This would greatly affect the company’s future operations.”

Wen Haowen said calmly, “The Wen Corporation has been running businesses in the apparel, jewelry and skincare industries. The entertainment city is a fresh concept for us and an opportunity for the Wen Corporation to expand. It’s a completely different field. Can you guarantee that our current employees can take on the responsibilities of this project?”

The director who opposed was rendered speechless.

Wen Xinya’s lips curled into a smile while she twirled the pen with her fingers. Wen Haowen was behaving dominantly and exuding strong confidence. She reckoned that he must have a trump card.

“I object to the idea of starting the development of the entertainment city as soon as possible because it requires a massive amount of funding and hence, we have to be very careful and conscientious. Planning requires time, be it for the initial stages of the development or the later stages.”

Wen Haowen insisted. “I have all the relevant inspection details and feasibility analysis reports. Please take a look, everyone.”

He had received the information from Madam Zhang, all thanks to Ning Shuqian.