Chapter 1096 - 1100

Reborn Aristocrat: Return of the Vicious Heiress - Chapter 1096

Chapter 1096: I Have Plenty of Time

After hearing Secretary Cao’s words, the rest of the directors similarly expressed their intentions to consider the budget before giving an answer. After all, Secretary Cao was Old Mr. Wen’s trusted secretary. In other words, he represented Old Mr. Wen.

“You’re right, Secretary Cao. The funds are a serious matter and we have to consider it carefully before coming to a decision.”

“It’s such a large amount of funds. We can’t just approve of it casually. We have to think about our budget, too.”

“The entertainment city project is a large one that needs time to be developed. We still have to go through some careful consideration.”

Everyone’s words made Wen Haowen’s face grow sullen. He had thought about a thousand excuses that he could give to convince the directors. However, he was at a loss for what to do now.

He stared at Secretary Cao coldly. The thought of the retired Old Mr. Wen making Secretary Cao create trouble for him made Wen Haowen incredibly exasperated.

Wen Haowen turned pale.

Just as Wen Haowen was about to speak, Ning Shuqian beat him to it. “Dear directors, your concerns are not uncalled for. We indeed ought to consider carefully before investing such a massive amount of funds. However, just like the directors have mentioned, the matter about the entertainment city project is very serious and the shareholders are taking this seriously too. We can’t delay the progress of the project. Why don’t you guys let us know how long you have to consider this for?”

It was not impossible for Wen Haowen to use his status as a major shareholder to undermine the directors. However, if he were to do so he would definitely offend some of the directors who were the spokespeople of the shareholders. Hence, it would be inappropriate of him to offend the shareholders.

The entertainment city project had just begun and he still needed the support of the shareholders, as well as the funds that they could invest. Thus, he felt that there was no harm in taking a step back now.

Once the Wen Corporation began to delve into the project, they would not be able to get out of it. By then, they would have no choice but to approve of the funds.

He decided to tolerate it for now. Anyway, Wen Haowen owned 23% of the Wen Corporation’s shares and was also the CEO. Since it was an acceptable amount, it was only a matter of time before they approved of it.

There was no need for her to offend the shareholders.

Wen Haowen gradually began to understand Ning Shuqian’s plans. “I agree with Director Ning’s suggestion.”