Chapter 1116 - 1120

Reborn Aristocrat: Return of the Vicious Heiress - Chapter 1116

Chapter 1116: The Great Three in Beijing

After Wen Haowen was placated by Ning Shuqian, he dragged her to bed for a good 30 minutes, only stopping when they ran out of energy. With Ning Shuqian’s guarantee, he felt more at ease and prepared to return to the company.

Wen Haowen tidied his attired and carried his briefcase. As he was about to leave, he asked out of nowhere, “Am I stupid?”

Every time he thought of the condescending words said by Wen Xinya at the conference room, he would feel unsettled.

Ning Shuqian was taken aback. After a pause, she stuttered. “Hao… Haowen, you… why would you even ask this?”

What did Wen Haowen mean by that? Could he have heard her calling him stupid in her mind?

Thinking about that, a shiver ran down her spine.

Wen Haowen’s face slowly turned pale after her lack of response.

Ning Shuqian reacted and immediately continued, “Haowen, how can you be stupid? If that were the case, I would not have married you.”

Even Ning Shuqian cringed at herself for saying such cheesy words.

Was Wen Haowen stupid?

The answer was definitely yes.

There was no one else in this world who could be as stupid as Haowen.

Even after receiving an answer, he could still not get over it. He nodded his head before leaving the house.

Ning Shuqian heaved a sigh of relief. She patted her chest as she said, “Thank god he did not find out.”

If Wen Haowen had found out that she had called him stupid behind his back, he would not let her off. If she were to be scolded or beaten, that was still not a problem. However, things would not end well for her if she were to be blacklisted by a despicable and unfaithful person like Wen Haowen.

Ning Shuqian thought Wen Haowen was acting a little strange. She muttered to herself, “Weird, why would he ask that question? Could it be he found out that he himself is stupid?”

Afterward, she shook her head. That was not possible. Wen Haowen was proud and arrogant, there was no way he would think he was a fool.

Ning Shuqian did not ponder any further. After all, she had more important things to deal with.

Ning Shuqian ran into the storeroom and swept all the random objects aside, then gently pried open a ceramic tile, revealing a little cell phone under it.

As she held the cell phone in her hands, her body began to tremble in fear.

She was unwilling to call “that person”. Every time she heard that electronic, cold and emotionless voice through the phone, she could not help but shiver.

However, she had no choice but to call. If she did not personally explain to that person about the entertainment city project being put on hold, she would not be let off easy.

Ning Shuqian took a deep breath and dialed the familiar number.

As usual, the call was answered on the first ring.

Ning Shuqian’s chest tightened as if there was someone suffocating her. Subconsciously, she held her breath and said, “The entertainment city project has temporarily been put on hold. According to Wen Haowen, it seems that the project will not be executed.”