Chapter 1 (Part 1)

(Third Person)

It was night time, probably one am. America laid on his bed, unable to get a wink of sleep. He stared at the ceiling and then at his Polaroids on his wall. The Polaroids were on a big bulletin board that was hanging above his desk. He decided to stand up to get a better look at the different photos.

The first photo that caught his attention was of his best friend, his crush, Russia. America picked up the photo. He looked at the different features of Russia’s face. His amber eyes, the calm expression plastered on his face, and the warm smile that accompanied his gentle gaze.

America’s face began to heat up as he thought about his friend. He wandered back to his bed with the photo in his hands. The American laid down on his back while hugging the photo close to his chest. He closed his eyes and imagined being with the Russian man. Being held in his arms and being told that he was loved.

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by the obnoxious sound of his phone buzzing, notifying him of a new message. America groaned, grabbing his phone and turning it on. There was a long ass message from the UN. America skimmed through it and was still confused, so he read it out loud.

“Dear America, you have been chosen along with nine other countries to participate in a test run of new VR technology. This VR technology attaches to your senses, allowing you to smell, taste, and feel things that normal VR can’t do. If you will be attending then reply to this message and I will send you more information.”

He thought about it. New VR technology. There’s no way America was missing that. He quickly typed out a response message and revived a reply very quickly. He read it out loud again. “Thank you for responding! We will be gathering in the meeting building at seven am this morning. I suggest you get some rest!”

America looked at the clock. Shit. It was five am. No point in sleeping now so he got up off his bed and walked to his closet after setting the photo of Russia down. He rummaged in his closet for something to wear, deciding on a pair of ripped jeans and a NASA t-shirt. America slid the clothes on, grabbed the photo of his crush and tucked it in his pocket, then made his way out of his room.

Once downstairs he walked straight to the kitchen, grabbing a cherry Pop-Tart. America pulled on his camo jacket while opening the wrapper of the Pop-Tart. He opened the front door while he ate the rectangular food and walked to his small black car. America got into the driver’s seat and started the car, munching on the last Pop-Tart.

Throwing the wrapper onto the passenger’s seat, he began to reverse the car. America put the car in drive and began driving to the meeting building. The car ride was slow and boring, mainly because America was tired. His attention was not on the road and neither was his mind. 

Without realizing it, his car was beginning to swerve off the road. America only realized this when his car crashed into the metal railing. The force of the crash caused his head to hit against the steering wheel. He held his head and groaned in pain. America stayed like that for a moment, trying to stop his head from spinning.

After gaining his senses back, he looked at the time. Six am. There’s no way anyone would see his crashed car but then he saw it, headlights. Headlights of a silver SUV. America stayed in the car, mostly because his leg was stuck. The SUV stopped a few feet away from his own car.

A tall man stepped out of the SUV and rushed to the other car. America’s head started spinning again so he decided to rest his head on the steering wheel. The man’s footsteps got closer and America could feel someone’s gaze on him. Then a hand was placed on his shoulder, causing the American to look up. His eyes widened when he recognized the person in front of him. Russia. The Russian seemed just as surprised to see America but also worried.

“America?! Oh God, are you ok?!” Russia asked, worry lacing his voice. America shook his head no and rested it on the steering wheel again. Russia opened the car’s door and started examining the damage. Seeing that nothing major had happened, Russia dislodged America’s leg from the crushed part of the front. He then proceeded to drag America out of the car. “Do you need a ride home or to the hospital?”

“No...I’m fine.” America smiled up at the Russian, who was holding the American in his arms. Russia didn’t believe it so he picked up America and carried him to his car. America held onto Russia, afraid the Russian might drop him. Russia placed America in the passenger seat. “Rus, really, I’m fine.”

“If you say so, I’m still taking you home though.” Russia closed the door before going to the driver’s side. 

“Russia, I have to be at the meeting building by seven.” America complained as Russia started his car.

Russia looked up at America, his facial expression staying the same. “You look like you haven’t slept, what’s so important that you put it over sleep?”

“Firstly, yeah I haven’t slept, that’s kinda why my car crashed. Secondly, I got a message from the UN two hours ago when I was struggling to sleep.” Russia began driving as America spoke.

“You got the message too?” America tilted his head before realizing that Russia must have gotten the same message.

“Oh, yeah! I got it too!” America exclaimed happily, at least he wouldn’t be going to the test run by himself. “Did you accept to go? I did! I thought it would be interesting to try out!”

“I didn’t say I was going, didn’t like the idea of being in a room with nine other people that I don’t know. But since you’re there, maybe I will go.” America couldn’t help but blush at that, even though he knew Russia meant it in a platonic way. “Maybe, since you say you’re ok, I can drive us there.”

“That’d be awesome! I wonder what kind of test run it will be!” America was bouncing in the car seat while Russia tried not to laugh at the excited country. Russia continued the drive America started to the meeting building. America rambled on about possibilities of the test run, Russia sometimes putting in his own thoughts.

After thirty minutes of driving, they arrived at the tall office building. Russia opens the door for America before going in himself. The two countries walked down the hall until they saw a sign with big words on it, it said:

New VR Technology Test Run this way —>

America rushed over to the door and threw it open. The countries there looked up at the sudden sound of the doors opening. America looked around at the countries there. The UN was helping Poland into a weird suit, everyone else was already in the suit. Germany had a dark green one, Poland had a red one, so on and so on. 

Two suits remained. One black, the other dark blue. The UN greeted them and helped them into the suits. Russia had the black one so America was left with the dark blue suit. They were all told to sit down and the UN began talking.

~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!!

First part of chapter one! I hope it didn't disappoint

Next part will get into the actual Among Us stuff

See you all next time!!

~Gaylimeboi