𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋
"𝐻𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑟𝑚𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑."
—𝑂𝑟ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑃𝑎𝑚𝑢𝑘, 𝑆𝑛𝑜𝑤
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟖𝟕𝟐
𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭 ;)

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

"𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 it looks all right?"

Liliana peered into the mirror as she carefully swept her curled hair behind her shoulder, examining herself for the thousandth time. 

The Yule Ball was set to start in about ten minutes, and she was more nervous than ever. She and Hermione had been preparing in her dormitory for the past couple of hours, though most of that time had been spent taming Hermione's bushy hair into a sleek knot.

"Don't worry, Liana, you look beautiful," Hermione giggled as she watched Liliana smoothen out her dress again and again.

Liliana had chosen a deep red, off-the-shoulder dress that had a sweetheart neckline. It was made of lustrous satin fabric, and the skirt fell to the floor, slightly puffed out. There was a small sash across her waist, made of glittering fake diamonds. The necklace that Cedric had gotten her hung around her neck, as usual, the small stars glimmering in the light.

"Thanks, Hermione." Liliana grinned as she sat down on the bed next to her. "You look incredible. Viktor Krum is going to be so happy that he asked you."

Hermione's dress was made of soft, floaty periwinkle material, that cascaded down to the floor. She looked absolutely stunning (at least, more stunning than usual).

Hermione laughed. "Let's go down, shall we?"

"We shall." Liliana offered an arm to Hermione, who gladly took it.

The only students that occupied the common room by this point were first-years and second-years, along with a few third-years; all the attending students had already left.

 The two girls passed through the room and made their way down to the Entrance Hall, where there was a large, bustling group of students, all dressed in fancy dress robes.

Liliana sought any of the boys or Evangeline but came up short. She turned to Hermione, raising her eyebrows as she asked, "Do you see Viktor?"

"I . . ." Hermione's eyes narrowed as she scanned the room before they suddenly lit up. "Yes! I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Have fun!" Liliana giggled as she nudged Hermione towards her date.

Once Hermione was gone, Liliana continued her search for her boyfriend, but still had trouble with doing so.

She let out a small squeal of surprise when she felt a pair of hands grab her waist, and she turned to see Cedric with a grin on his face, which soon disappeared as his eyes widened. 

His eyes roamed her body, causing butterflies to appear in her stomach, and he seemed to like the dress (and how revealing it was at the top).

 "Liana, love," he breathed out, a smile growing on his face, "you look . . . gorgeous."

"Thank you." Liliana could feel her cheeks growing red. It was a good thing she was wearing blush already, it would make it less noticeable.

She then took the time to examine his appearance, which, as usual, was handsome as ever. He was wearing dress robes that were quite simple and dashing, and his hair was styled with a little more gel than normal.