T H R E E

Azure:
The unclouded sky, the blue vault above; The clear blue color of the sky; Also a pigment or dye of this color.
•─────✧─────•

Chapter 3: The ghost.

ONYX'S POV.

I put on the black dress with black flats, then pull my red hair in a messy bun. I rush out but I have no idea where the kitchen is, "H-hi, where's the kitchen" the brunette glares at me with annoyance. Then she points to a direction and leaves without waiting for my reply.

I turn left and arrive at the kitchen after failed attempts of course. Four ladies are in the kitchen chatting happily they the moment I enter "Who are you?" The tallest asks placing her hands on her hip while she judges me with her stare "I-i'm O-Onyx"

"Not your name-" she rolls her eyes and sighs  "Doesn't matter anyway, since I've cooked you'll help Ruby take foods and Fruits to Lord Hades" she orders and leaves the room with the other ladies. I give Ruby a small smile and she gives me a blank stare. She gives a cart to me I roll it and follow behind her.

Hades sits at the head of the dining table, his shirt sleeves are rolled up which makes me see the numerous tattoos on both of his arms. He narrows his eyes at me and I look at the cart to avoid his stare. But the picture of his tattoo is printed on my brain.

Ruby unloads her cart and moves it away giving me space to unload mine, with trembling hands I pick up the coffee cup, I move to drop it on the table but the hot coffee pours on him, and by him, I mean Hades who claims he's the god of the underworld.

He jumps up, "I-i'm sorry" I cover my mouth with my palm, "Are you crazy?!" He yells with fury, I try to hold in the tears but they fall against my will. "I-i'm, s-sorry" I plead.

Ruby picks up a white napkin to clean the stain on his shirt but one glare from him makes her step back and keep her head bowed. He sends me a glare that makes me wish the ground could swallow me whole.

"First you woke up late, now you're pouring hot coffee on me. What else are you planning to do next?!" I whisper "I'm sorry" my tears roll down to my lips, I'm sure my eyes are red now.

"Stop fucking apologizing!" On instinct, I apologize again and he moves to me and wraps his hands on both my arms shaking me lightly "Stop-" shakes, "Apologising-" shakes. He releases me and raises an eyebrow as he stares at my arms.

"Would you look at that?" He smirks, I gasp as I see my his handprint on my arm extremely red in color. "If I hold you a little bit tighter would I snap your bones into pieces?" He mocks, he moves closer with a sick grin.

I shake my head with tears "N-no, I'm sorry" he sighs in annoyance, I lose my footing and miss my step Before I fall he holds my left hand "Don't you know how to stay without falling or dropping things?" He questions, "I'm sorry" and he leaves me to fall with a roll of blue eyes, his square stubbled jaw clenches in annoyance.

"You! Bring my breakfast to my study since I can't have any food here anymore" he throws his phone up and catches it as he walks away ignoring me on the floor.

"Nice job! You've made him angry" Ruby says and rolls her loaded cart away.

I dust myself and walk to the kitchen. Ruby is loading new food into the cart "Do you need help?" I ask softly, "No! You've done enough damage for today! Warm up the food if you're hungry" she rolls the cart away her brown hair swirling around as she rolls it fast.

I warm up the rice and wait for the microwave to make a beep sound.

I hear a beep and pull out the rice, I put a small quantity on the white ceramic plate. After three spoons I couldn't eat anymore, the rice was too salty. Sighing I pour the rice away and wash my plate.

"What else to do?" I place my pointer finger under my chin. Walk aimlessly around before I bump into a hard surface, "Gah! Why are you hell-bent on bringing me misery?" Hades questions as he glares at me, I avoid eye contact as I bend down to pick the papers on the floor. "S-sorry" I arrange the papers and give them to him.

"You're so clumsy" he states and I open my mouth to apologizes, "What's your name?" He interrupts, "Onyx," I say strongly, and he raises an eyebrow "Onyx is a male's name," he says and I'm tempted to roll my eyes.

"It's unisex" he shrugs and walks away with the papers in his hold. After fifteen minutes of walking around, I finally find a library, something to distract me. I run my fingers on the books with a small smile on my face.

Shelves of books fill the room, hell there's a ladder in the library to pick the book that could be out of anyone's reach, a colorful ceiling in the middle, and golden chains are tied to the middle. The looks like a library pulled from a child's storybook.

I pick 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley With sudden joy I sit on the red soft sofa, I get comfortable on the sofa with my legs on the sofa.

I flip the first page after reading it. This should be my third time of reading the book, it's amongst my top favorites.

Halfway through the fifth chapter a hear a little rattle and the temperature drops.

I ignore the change and continue reading the book, a chill runs down my spine as I see a figure move "Maybe its a rat?" I whisper to myself.

I see the lights begin to flicker and I look at the switch only to see a blonde lady playing with the switch "Can you stop that? I'm trying to read and it's distracting" She jumps and stares at me.

"You can see me?" She widens her black eyes as I nod. Her white dress sweeping the floor as she moves closer to me.

"You can really see me?"

"Yes...." I answer slowly, "Why do you seem surprised?" I ask as I fold the page of the book. I'll read it later.

"You're not supposed to see me" she states, "But I can. Why am I not supposed to see you" her skin is too pale, She raises her skinny arm and waves it in front of me.

"I'm a ghost and you can see me."

She's joking right?