F I F T E E N

Transmogrify:
To change in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely; transform.
•─────✧─────•
Chapter 15: The change.

ONYX'S POV.

It's been two days since we got to Hera's mansion, it was a big mansion made of thick glass and a lot of paintings. Savannah and I got a little bit closer, I'm still paranoid.

We haven't gotten any news about Selene but from the little information I gathered from Hera, she was sent to Tartarus and we'd be returning home today.

It leads to Savannah and I packing up our bags, I'm going to miss Hera's mansion, maybe it's because I've never lived in a glass mansion or maybe it's because she was extremely friendly with us.

Unlike someone else.

"I'm going to miss it here" Savannah sighs as she zips up her bag, Hera had gotten every maid new clothes to last us a year, thus leading to a big bag.

"Me too" I agree with a nod off my head.

We get to an unknown mansion close, it's different from Hades' this one has a bright aura around it. The mansion was painted a deep blue behind a white big gate.

The doorbell is rung by Hera as we all wonder who owned the mansion.

Hades opens the door with a smile.

A smile?

"Welcome home everyone" He opens the door wider, Hera stares at her brother strangely while the rest of us aren't interested in what game he planned today.

"Arnold will assign you your new rooms," Hades says, I raise an eyebrow at his niceness.

Hades turns to me and pulls me into a hug after all the maids are gone, "What?" My hands lay limp by my side from the shock. "Oh, I missed you"

"Did Selene mess with your head or something?" I ask before he answers I run up to Arnold so I don't miss my room.

I got a different room and special treatment. I roll my eyes as I drop on the bed with a sigh.

And then I fall asleep.

A knock on the door wakes me up, I don't stand immediately until I hear Hades' voice. "Onyx, it's time for dinner" he sings.

I open my door harshly, "I'm not hungry," I answer, "What? Why? Dinner has been made and I'm famished and  I'm waiting for you" Hades rambles on.

"I'm not hungry" I repeat, he doesn't move from the door until I sigh and I agree to have dinner with him.

I wonder why he's acting like we're in a good place.

Hades pulls out a seat for me and I narrow my eyes suspiciously. I take another seat because I don't know if there are needles in the other seat.

Hades sighs. Zeus and Hera walk in chatting happily. They take a seat with a smile. I play with my food after three bites.

"Are you okay?" Hades asks worriedly, Hera and Zeus pause and turn to me "I'm okay, I'm fine" I nod, Hera and Zeus return to their discussion but Hades doesn't stop staring at me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I stiffly nod, he places his palm on mine and I gasp at the coldness, he removes it instantly with panicked eyes "Your palm is very cold" I state, "Y-yeah, well I'm the god of the dead so..." He avoids eye contact.

"No, you've touched me before and your palm isn't as cold as that--"

"I can control it and I forgot now." Hera stares at me with raised eyebrows, "Sorry" I push my hair behind my ear as I stand up and leave the dining room.

A soft growl behind my door wakes me up. I throw the cover off me and place my ear on the door, I hear a scratch followed by a small growl. I open the door slowly but it's pushed open by a four-legged animal.

The wolf stares at me with adoration, his tongue darts out to lick its face. I move back scared it would it eat me up, it's almost my height.

It bows its head and bares its neck before it runs to my hand and forcefully put it head under my hand.

Hera comes in "I knew a wolf would come here, it wants you to pet it" I stare at in horror.

"Don't worry, it isn't going to eat you anything. You have a part of the moon that must be what attracted it to you" I carefully run my hand through its brown fur and a soft purr escapes its mouth.

I giggle and it playfully growls but I jump, "Don't worry, it just wants to have fun. Now I need to have my beauty sleep" with a yawn she snaps my door shut.

I climb the bed and the wolf lays on the side of the bed.

The next morning I'm woken up by a cold substance that tickles me on my feet I open and eyes and see the wolf sniffling my leg.

I jump and yank my leg close to my chest a whimper escapes its mouth. I pat it softly and take my bath.

I hum lowly as the wolf follows behind me, it hasn't left me since last night, and it's very playful.

It knows to never come into the kitchen without permission, I fed it but I still don't know its name.

"Is that a wolf?" Savannah shrieks, the wolf growls at her and she widens her eyes, "Yup. It appeared last night at my door" Savannah leaves the kitchen when it wouldn't stop growling.

"What got into you?" I ask patting its head.

"I don't understand why you've been ignoring me," Hades says and I turn to him with a glare.

"You are asking me that question?!" He nods confusedly.

"You killed my mother and didn't feel sorry about it and you wonder why I'm avoiding you?!"

Hades widens his eyes, "I killed your mother? I'm sure I apologized right?"

"No, you did not! I don't even want your apology" The wolf growls at Hades and I pull it by the ear to follow me away from Hades.

Hades still has a confused look on his face.

He's changed.