T W E L V E

Cloudburst:
A sudden and heavy rainfall.
•─────✧─────•

Chapter 12: The friend.

ONYX'S POV.

My eyes widen as his soft lips move slowly against my still lips. The only person I ever kissed was Evan Garza in the ninth grade as a dare. Other kisses were forced on me by my father's disgusting friends.

I slowly move my lips against his as I close my eyes, the flimsy purple nightgown I wore doesn't hide my thigh as Hades palm lands on my thigh, I grip his hair and a groan escapes his lips. The scratchy craw of the raven breaks us apart.

Before I could open my eyes his out of my room like he was never here, the only proof he was, is the lingering scent of his cigar. The raven flies away like he has a message to deliver to its master.

With a sigh I lay on the bed with wide eyes, I couldn't sleep because I'm scared of my dreams, and the unexpected kiss.

He's so confusing.

The next day I stood up and had my bath, I almost fell asleep in the bathroom because of the lack of sleep, I wore a silver top with black jeans.

I stare at the dark circles under my eyes, my eyes are red and swollen another prove I cried again in the bathroom. I pick the scissors and hold it at the tip of my hair.

My red hair has always been my pride, I have a rare colored hair that reaches my waist, I run my hand through my hair one last time, a knock interrupts me.

I open the door to see Ruby smiling weirdly at me "Hi" she walks in before I invite her, "Hello..." Ruby stares at the scissors in my grasps before she whispers "I knew you are suicidal, listen a scissor can't kill it will draw a little bit of blood you try the kitchen knife--"

"Get out!" I open the door for her, she widens her eyes and glares at me "I was just trying to help. I'd want to kill myself too if I killed my best and only friend" I slam the door on her foot.

I throw the scissors on the floor and groan as my stomach rumbles. After eating a plate of spaghetti, I pick up the broom to start my chores.

Halfway through sweeping I hear his voice and I enter the first room I see, I don't want to see him, it would be extremely awkward.

The room looks like a small closet, with paintings and weapons, the only that catches my attention is the painting of a woman with silk black hair, she's wearing a red dress that exposes her back.

Her eyes are brown and they hold mischievousness in them. She's beautiful, the lower part of the painting looks to be destroyed, it looks like her painting was locked in her to rid the mansion of her.

When everything goes silent I step out and complete my chores. After completing the sweeping I walk to the kitchen to wash the dishes but I stop when I see a stranger. She has blonde hair and she's wearing a pink dress.

She smiles at me "Savannah" I smile a little, "Onyx" She raises an eyebrow before she nods, "The other maids here are so rude!" I nod remembering Ruby's visitation to my room this morning.

"So far you've been the nicest" Savannah seems friendly but there's something off about, it's almost like she has a dark aura.

"You are a new maid?" I ask picking up a dish, "Yup! And your new best friend!" The plate slips from my hand and shatters on the floor, we jump in time to avoid the broken pieces.

Savannah couldn't be my friend, Selene might take her away from me like she took Mara away, she might think Savannah is upsetting the balance of nature again.

"Shit, are you okay?!" She asks worriedly, her black eyes stare at my body for any injuries. "Yes, i-i'm clumsy" Hades comes into the kitchen with Zeus they look at the both of us then pieces on the floor.

"Let me guess: Onyx" Hades rubs his forehead and Zeus chuckles, I avoid both their stares as I start cleaning up the mess. Savannah picks up another broom and helps "You don't have to help me" my heart races in my chest as I feel his stare on the side of my face.

"Hush, we're friends now" she giggles, "Please don't say that" I throw the pieces in the dumpster and leave the kitchen ignoring everyone's stares at me.

I've been avoiding everyone since the kitchen incident, Savannah has tried talking to me but I didn't speak with her for the fear Selene might appear and take her away if we become friends.

With looking I bump into someone, the person steadies me on my feet before I fall, "You should always watch where you're going to" Hades mumbles, I nod avoiding eye contact ready to move away he doesn' remove his hands from my arm.

I look up and the first place my eyes go to is his lips, the lips that kissed me last night when I woke up from my nightmare. I push my hair behind my ear, "S-sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you" I say finally removing my eyes from his lips.

"About last night..." He starts and my eyes snap to him, "What? What happened last night?" I ask dumbly, he rolls his eyes, "We kissed" I gulp at his bluntness.

"And it's making you feel awkward," Hades states, I rub my arm and mentally pray this conversation comes to an end quickly, "I kissed you to distract you from your nightmare, and it worked because you slept right?" I didn't, the kiss made it difficult for me to sleep because that was all I could think of.

"Yes, I slept like a baby with no worries" I mumble, Hades places his hands on my cheeks and lowers his head, "You didn't get enough sleep did you?" I shake my head distracted by his blue eyes.

"Is it bad that I want to kiss you again?" Hades whispers as he places his forehead on my own, I blink slowly and shake my head that's all he needs before he crushes his lips on mine.

The kiss is not like last night, this one is fast and demanding different from the slow and unsure one of last night, his left-hand pull me into him closing the little space between us.

"Hades?!" We freeze at Hera's voice, I'm the first to break the kiss before Hera comes in. She looks at my flushed face and then Hades biting his lips.

"Were you guys making out?" Hera asks as she wiggles her eyebrow with a teasing smile on her face, when neither of us denies it her smile vanishes but before she could speak Hades speaks "Okay, why were you searching for me dearest sister?"

He leads her to his study, I raise a finger and touch my lips then I blink and blink again at the realization that Hades kissed me and I kissed him back.

And the craziest part is I loved it!

I'm losing my mind!