E L E V E N

Moonbow:
A rainbow caused by the retraction and reflection of light from the moon.
•─────✧─────•
Chapter 11: The portal.

ONYX'S POV.

"I took her a restaurant knowing her lover would be there with his lover before you ask. Selene was and is still in love with a human who doesn't love her back, anyway back to what I was saying, I invited him out of the restaurant I held Selene and made her watch as I killed her lover. So tell me love does that make you feel better?" Each word he said breaks the little hope I had.

"No! That doesn't make me feel better! I don't care about revenge. I don't care about Selene's Lover. I just want my best friend. I want her back" my voice cracks as I speak.

The realization that my friend is never coming back makes the tears start again. Hades eyes widen in panic, "I thought you'd feel better"

"Feel better? Feel better that you killed someone?!"

"Onyx..." He pulls me into his arms, I rest my head on his shoulders sobbing for my lost friend and all he does is rubbing my back softly, "You're the king of the underworld, you should be able to bring her back" I raise my head from his shoulders.

Hades holds a pained expression on his face "An earthquake took her, I can't." I hit my fist on his chest, after a while I keep quiet but the tears don't stop either does Hades release me from his arms.

"Do you think... She's at peace?" I ask slowly, "She isn't--" I snap my eyes to him.

"Shit, that wasn't what I meant! She would think she's peaceful but she isn't. The place she went to is silent and time doesn't work there"

"But she would have friends, she would remember me right?" I ask.

"No, that place no one knows anyone. You'd feel like you're the only one there alone in a whole new world. She... Wouldn't remember you, but she would remember she had a friend, a friend that cries a lot, a very clumsy friend but she wouldn't remember your name or your face" I bury my head in my palm.

"Selene did that to her because she was upsetting the balance of nature?" I bite my lips in anger. "Selene is a bitch" I nod in agreement.

"It's all my fault" I sigh.

"If only I had let her scare me then she wouldn't have been friends with me and she wouldn't have died! I'm bad l--" Hades turns me to him, "No, it's not your fault. You were brought here against your will, it's not a crime to make friends and she wanted the feel like a human so you did her a favor! Selene is paying for it and I'll make sure she pays for a very long time"

"I'm going to bed" I stand up, Hades holds my elbow as he leads me to my room. "I'm fine," I say as he comes in.

"No, you're not. The moment I leave you're going to cry while blaming yourself" he's right, I plan to cry after he leaves.

I just lost my best friend to another world where time doesn't exist all because she was upsetting the balance of nature, of course, I'm going to cry.

I plastered on my fake smiles, the smiles I gave each time I got to school with scars from Erica and my father. "I'm fine really, I'm not going to--"

"HADES!" We hear Selene scream, I jump in fright, Hades rolls his eyes, he squeezes my shoulders softly before he leaves.

I slowly slide into the bathtub, I hug myself as I remember everything about Mara, she was my first friend, my first best friend, the first person that made me feel like I had a family even though she wasn't my family. I keep on remembering how she made me do things that could get me into trouble.

The way she says and does things without single care the way she disappears when she feels Hades' presence. A sob escapes my lips, how she tried to get me mad, how we first met. The expression on her face when she discovered I could see and touch her. "Why?" I whisper, why do I have to go through a lot of pain.

I've known nothing but pain since the day I've been born. My mother died during childbirth, my father molested me, Erica hits me and makes everyone believe I'm crazy, my only friend was taken away from me because I could, touch and see her.

I step out of the bathtub and wear my purple nightgown. I hear Selene screaming at Hades, the raven files away as I shut my eyes.

I wake up the next day, I take a bath and put on a pink top and blue trouser, I braid my hair and sigh as I hear a knock. "Onyx" Hades calls, I come out.

"Time for breakfast" He announces, I hug myself as I walk behind him.

Zeus and Hera sit with pity smiles on their faces I avoid their stares as I sit down, I eat after permission from Hades. "I found a portal that would return Onyx home" I drop my fork and snap my eyes to Hades.

"What?!" Zeus yells getting up from his chair, "you heard right" Hades answers, "You can't send her back" Hera speaks but Hades ignores her.

After breakfast, I stand up and walk away to do my chores, but Hades stops me "You have to go home" I nod, and follow him.

We get to a clearing and Hades sighs "You haven't said a word since you woke up" I shrug with my arms crossed he mutters some words and the wind blows the leaves rises before a color door appears in front of me.

"It was nice knowing ya Red"

"Red, that's what she used to call him" I whisper as I open the door, I step in but I feel myself being thrown into the air, Hades catches me before I hit the floor, "Son of a b-- are you okay?" I nod, my braid had loosed when the wind blew so I push the hair behind my ear just in time to see the door disappear.

"I guess there's no way home for you"

The rest of the day passed in a blur, I didn't go into the library because it reminded me so much of her, so instead, I sat in the kitchen now I'm getting ready to sleep I shut my eyes and welcomed the darkness.

I'm back here, she's here! They're here!

I grasp my bleeding hand and cry softly, a slap is delivered to me and I drop to my knees. I smile when I see Mara but she screams at me and blames me for what happened to her.

Erica punches me and reminds me my mother died because she gave birth to me. Mara pulls my hair and Erica kicks me in my ribs, I cough out blood. I scream as Erica plunges a knife into my stomach.

Someone shakes me and I snap my eyes open, Hades' crystal eyes stare back at me "It's all my fault" I cry.

"It was a nightmare. None of it was real"

"You have no idea how real it is!" I push my hair back crying it's then that Hades crushes his lips on mine.