E I G H T

Elysian:
Beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.
•─────✧─────•

Chapter 8: The body massage.

ONYX'S POV.
I finally sit on the couch in the library, I could still hear the Raven but I choose to ignore it.

I flip through the pages of the book I've failed to complete in a week. Hades has been moving around like a ticking bomb, I heard they've been new ghosts. We were sent to bed early but I chose to come here to complete my book since the whole mansion would be quiet, I would be able to sleep without any interruptions.

It seemed Zeus' presence made Hades' mood worse, I passed his study earlier and I heard things breaking, I hurriedly left there so I wouldn't be his next victim.

I snap my door in fear when I hear the door being open, I sit behind the couch to hide from whoever is about to come in. The person boots hit the floor harshly before he flops on the couch with a sigh I catch a which of smoke.

I cough when the smoke becomes worse, "I knew you were there" Hades says, puffing out a cloud of smoke. I crawl out and sit on the far end of the pink couch. "Why aren't you bed?" He points his cigar at me with a bottle of vodka in his left hand.

"I-i wanted t-to read" I look at the cigarette specifically, Erica used to burn with the burnt end of the cigarette. She isn't a smoker but she buys one to torture me.

"Ah, what are reading?" He wraps his mouth around the bottle. "In search of lost time" I mutter. He pulls off his boots after he drops his bottle then he picks it back up.

"You know smoking cuts a person's life short" I whisper as I push my hair behind my ear. "I really don't care. Besides I can't die" he flashes me a sarcastic smile.

"You're too far" he pats the space close to me, "I was just leaving" I try to walk away but he grips my wrist and pulls me on the couch "You'll leave when I tell you" Hades' blue eyes stare deeply into mine "Selene is a sneaky bitch" he mutters and I face him with a frown.

"Why?" He pushes my red hair away from my face "She gave you a piece of the moon or something similar" Hades doesn't move his eye away from my face as he speaks. "What makes you think I have a piece of the moon?" A piece of the moon?

"I'm very attracted to you right now" he blurts out, desire swims in his crystal blue eyes, "What?" I move back. "I want to bad things to you" he licks his lips slowly and my eyes follow the movement. He blows a puff of smoke on my face and I cough.

"Like I said Selene is a sneaky bitch" he runs his hand through his hair. "Greek Mythology never said anything about Persephone, um-"

"Cheating on me?" He completes bitterly, it amazes me how his mood changes quickly.

"According to the stories we are all myths" he grins, "Well let me tell you the story" he gets comfortable on the couch as he drops the dangerous substance he once held in his hands.

"The stories claimed I actually kidnapped Persephone right?" I nod, I clutch the book tighter to my chest.

"Part of the story is true and the rest is bullshit"

"I was visiting Demeter and I saw this maiden she immediately captured my attention her the breeze blew her golden hair softly. She wore a white dress with short sleeves flowers were placed in her hair. She was magnificent, I stopped to stare at her and It was really amusing how she didn't realize my presence usually a slight movement made by me easily caught the attention of others but she... She was different" he gulps as he stares into space.