Smooth Talker (Poe Dameron)

Prompt: "You better leave now."

Summary: Reader is a Resistance spy, living in the middle of First Order territory. Her boyfriend, Poe Dameron, stops by to pick up some intel and spend some quality time with his girlfriend, but they don't have long together before Poe has to leave, lest they both get caught. Reader's a good liar, but nobody's perfect, right?

Written for Day Fourteen of Fictober on Tumblr!

****************

"I love you so, so much."

"Mmm. I love you too." I smiled as my boyfriend, Poe Dameron, ran a hand through my hair and pulled me in tight for a kiss. It had been way too long since we'd gotten to do this.

I indulged in the kiss for a few more seconds, pulling my boyfriend as close as I could get him. Then, I forced myself to pull away.

"As much as I want to keep doing this all night, you've been here for hours already. It's getting riskier by the minute. You better leave now."

Poe just looked at me for a minute, his face serious as he held me in his arms. Then, like a flash of lighting, his whole demeanor changed and he tackled me onto the couch, using his beard to tickle my neck and making me laugh.

"Poe! Poe, seriously, you're gonna get caught!" I could barely get the words out through the laughter, and I couldn't help being a little disappointed that he actually listened to me. We sat up together, suddenly serious. We were in the middle of a war, and as nice as it was to forget it sometimes, we couldn't let our guards down. If we did, it could get us both killed.

"Welp, I guess you're right. I have to get this information back to the general as soon as possible." Poe sighed as he stood and stretched, then picked up a small drive with all the information I'd managed to gather for the Resistance in the few months I'd been living on one of the worlds they controlled. "I just wish I could bring you back with me."

"I know. I wish that too," I said, standing to face Poe. I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and tried to memorize his expression, and all the love it held. "We'll be able to be together some day. That's what we're fighting for, after all."

Poe nodded, still looking hesitant to leave. I put out a hand and rubbed his arm, trying to help him calm down.

"Hey, I'll be alright, okay? I promise. Anybody comes sticking their nose around here, in our business, I'll send 'em packing. Doesn't matter who it is, I'll take care of it. One of the reasons I got this mission is because I can talk my way out of almost anything, remember?"

Poe laughed a little. "Oh, I remember. And I remember how you tested that claim."

I grinned. Poe and I had been dating almost a year when I got this mission, and before Leia agreed to assign me she'd asked for a demonstration that I had what it took to make it outside the cockpit. I'd managed to convince Poe that famed First Order General Hux was my half-brother, even though he knew that couldn't be true. Needless to say, Leia had given me the assignment on the spot.

"If I can fool my boyfriend into believing something that ridiculous, then no one in the First Order is any match for me," I said confidently, willing him to believe my words. He nodded, and although he still looked a little uneasy, he smiled.

"Fair enough. I pity any First Order officer who tries to go toe to toe with you." I winked at Poe, then walked with him as he headed for the secret exit out of my apartment. He paused before ducking through the entrance and turned back to me. "Oh, and once we get to the other side of this whole thing, I'm still gonna get you back for that prank."